Tramadol and Nervous system disorder - from FDA reports
Nervous system disorder is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metoclopramide, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Nervous system disorder with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 04, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 217 people (0.26%) have Nervous system disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Nervous system disorder *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 44.44 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nervous system disorder when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 70.67 %
- male: 29.33 %
Age of people who have Nervous system disorder when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.23 %
- 20-29: 6.79 %
- 30-39: 11.73 %
- 40-49: 20.99 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 37.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (31 people, 14.29%)
- High Blood Pressure (14 people, 6.45%)
- Nausea (13 people, 5.99%)
- Indigestion (13 people, 5.99%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (11 people, 5.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metoclopramide (37 people, 17.05%)
- Omeprazole (29 people, 13.36%)
- Lyrica (28 people, 12.90%)
- Lorazepam (25 people, 11.52%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 11.52%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (53 people, 24.42%)
- Fatigue (50 people, 23.04%)
- Stress And Anxiety (49 people, 22.58%)
- Joint Pain (48 people, 22.12%)
- Depression (48 people, 22.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Nervous system disorder when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is nervous system disorder caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNervous system disorder and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNervous system disorder and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,458 users)
Nervous system disorder
Nervous system disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system) has been reported by people with indigestion, abdominal distension, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 26,602 Nervous system disorder patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Nervous system disorderNervous system disorder
Could your condition cause Nervous system disorderNervous system disorder
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Either 1 1/2 or 2 50mg a night with drinking. It started with a knee injury 25 years ago. I take it to sleep, I'm always in some form of old age pain. I drink and smoke pot and take a tramadol. If I don't do these things I get zero sleep, but with them I pass out and get about 4 hours, then ...
User reviews to the study
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??
Hi, I'm on here looking for anyone who has similar symptoms as my 79 year old mum. She's been taking tramadol for 8 years (50mg twice daily). She has currently been diagnosed with breast cancer and I wanted to try to understand if the extreme fatigue she is experiencing is due to the tramadol ...