Tramadol and Open angle glaucoma - from FDA reports
Open angle glaucoma is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Omeprazole, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Open angle glaucoma with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 166 people (0.2%) have Open angle glaucoma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Open angle glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Open angle glaucoma when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Open angle glaucoma when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.81 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.81 %
- 30-39: 9.76 %
- 40-49: 17.89 %
- 50-59: 15.45 %
- 60+: 55.28 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (29 people, 17.47%)
- High Blood Pressure (26 people, 15.66%)
- Preventive Health Care (22 people, 13.25%)
- Muscle Spasms (22 people, 13.25%)
- Asthma (16 people, 9.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (43 people, 25.90%)
- Alprazolam (39 people, 23.49%)
- Zometa (35 people, 21.08%)
- Gabapentin (35 people, 21.08%)
- Aspirin (34 people, 20.48%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cataract (78 people, 46.99%)
- Arthritis (55 people, 33.13%)
- Pain In Extremity (53 people, 31.93%)
- Back Pain (47 people, 28.31%)
- Osteoarthritis (45 people, 27.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Open angle glaucoma when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is open angle glaucoma caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsOpen angle glaucoma and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeOpen angle glaucoma and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,456 users)
Open angle glaucoma
Open angle glaucoma (an eye disease that gradually steals vision) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 32,175 Open angle glaucoma patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Open angle glaucomaOpen angle glaucoma
Could your condition cause Open angle glaucomaOpen angle glaucoma
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Either 1 1/2 or 2 50mg a night with drinking. It started with a knee injury 25 years ago. I take it to sleep, I'm always in some form of old age pain. I drink and smoke pot and take a tramadol. If I don't do these things I get zero sleep, but with them I pass out and get about 4 hours, then ...
User reviews to the study
I was diagnosed with Closed angle Glaucoma, two years ago. It was a complete shock to me, as I had regular visits to my optician, my eye pressure was always ok. But I was seeing rainbows around lights and my eyes were always extremely fatigued at night, or when I was socialising having to focus ...