Home > Tramadol > Seizure disorder > Tramadol and Seizure disorder
Review: could Tramadol cause Seizure disorder (Epilepsy)?
We study 38,575 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 124 have Seizure disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Seizure disorder and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Seizure disorder >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,430 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Seizure disorder (disease of seizure related) (latest reports from 72,791 patients) has been reported by people with epilepsy, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 38,575 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 124 people (0.32%) have Seizure Disorder.
Time on Tramadol when people have Seizure disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Seizure disorder||60.71%||7.14%||7.14%||10.71%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Tramadol * :
|Seizure disorder||55.83%||44.17% |
Age of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Tramadol * :
|Seizure disorder||0.94%||0.00%||1.89%||3.77%||26.42%||16.98%||16.98%||33.02% |
Severity of Seizure disorder when taking Tramadol ** :
How people recovered from Seizure disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 19.35%)
- Epilepsy (18 people, 14.52%)
- Prophylaxis (9 people, 7.26%)
- Ill-defined disorder (9 people, 7.26%)
- Neuralgia (7 people, 5.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (102 people, 82.26%)
- Acetaminophen (17 people, 13.71%)
- Carbamazepine (16 people, 12.90%)
- Omeprazole (15 people, 12.10%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (14 people, 11.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Seizure Disorder while taking Tramadol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Tramadol and have Seizure Disorder
- group for people who take Tramadol
- group for people who have Seizure Disorder
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
Dr prescribed Hydrocodone & Tramadol after my total knee replacement June 3rd. Was able to taper off and stop the hydrocodone but when trying to taper off Tramadol I would feel sick. Got down to less than 50mg a day total by cutting pill in 1/4ths,had been on Tramadol for about 9 weeks now, but suddenly severe panic attacks and anxiety started. So bad I ended up in a mental health hospital for 6 days. Now have to be on antidepressants & Ativan for anxiety. Did not need these before I ever took Tramadol! Will I recover???
From this study (1 week ago):
I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I was on Effexor 225mg for 3 years now I take 150mg moclobimide twice a day. I stopped Effexor and lithium together when it was supposed that it could have caused serotonin syndrome. Thank you
From this study (1 week ago):
three months after taking this i started having a partial seizsures
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Tramadol, Seizure disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Seizure disorder
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Tramadol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tramadol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (53 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (1 hour ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atrial Fibrillation and Thyroxine Increased
- Itching and Hypertension
- Xarelto and Constipation
- Phentermine and Overactive Thyroid
- Orencia and Stiff Neck
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Semen Volume Increased
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Baked Beans