Tramadol and Stomach pain - from FDA reports
Stomach pain is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Crohn's disease. This review analyzes which people have Stomach pain with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 1,971 people (2.37%) have Stomach pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Stomach pain *:
- < 1 month: 59.84 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.49 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.46 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.38 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.92 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.92 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 72.07 %
- male: 27.93 %
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.24 %
- 10-19: 3.67 %
- 20-29: 10.96 %
- 30-39: 10.55 %
- 40-49: 16.17 %
- 50-59: 20.85 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (189 people, 9.59%)
- High Blood Pressure (154 people, 7.81%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (151 people, 7.66%)
- Depression (136 people, 6.90%)
- Stress And Anxiety (111 people, 5.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (229 people, 11.62%)
- Humira (224 people, 11.36%)
- Nexium (182 people, 9.23%)
- Lyrica (180 people, 9.13%)
- Acetaminophen (162 people, 8.22%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (602 people, 30.54%)
- Diarrhea (528 people, 26.79%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (488 people, 24.76%)
- Fatigue (330 people, 16.74%)
- Constipation (260 people, 13.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Stomach pain when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is stomach pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsStomach pain and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeStomach pain and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,458 users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 137,909 Stomach pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Stomach painStomach pain
Could your condition cause Stomach painStomach pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking Mirapex for about six years first 1 mg a day then 2 mg a day and again 1 mg a day For about three to four months now, I have a pain in my upper abdomen, just beneath the rib cage I also have irregular bowels, flatulence and feel tired My blood tests are normal, so ...
Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
User reviews to the study
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??