Review: could Tramadol cause Sudden death (Death)?
Summary: Sudden death is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,699 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 913 have Sudden death. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol and have Sudden death >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 41,564 Tramadol users)
Sudden death (latest reports from 177,491 Sudden death patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 38,699 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 913 people (2.36%) have Sudden Death.
Time on Tramadol when people have Sudden death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden death||71.95%||12.20%||0.00%||8.54%||6.10%||1.22%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Tramadol * :
|Sudden death||47.52%||52.48% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Tramadol * :
|Sudden death||0.40%||0.94%||0.94%||6.34%||7.83%||12.42%||19.43%||51.69% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (110 people, 12.05%)
- Hypertension (79 people, 8.65%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (56 people, 6.13%)
- Prophylaxis (56 people, 6.13%)
- Depression (42 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (705 people, 77.22%)
- Acetaminophen (137 people, 15.01%)
- Aspirin (111 people, 12.16%)
- Furosemide (106 people, 11.61%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (103 people, 11.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tramadol and sudden death on
Do you have Sudden Death while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Sudden Death
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Sudden Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Celebrex for a 65-year old woman with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Palpitations Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 51-year old woman with Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Positive. The patient has Hot Flashes (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Meloxicam, Gabapentin for a 68-year old man with Joint Pain, Tendon Pain. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 87-year old man with Pain. The patient has Baclofen
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Tramadol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.