Review: could Tramadol cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Depression.
We study 38,712 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 431 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tramadol and have Suicide attempt >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 41,576 Tramadol users)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 32,157 Suicide attempt patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 38,712 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 431 people (1.11%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Tramadol when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||67.74%||6.45%||0.81%||6.45%||13.71%||4.84%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Tramadol * :
|Suicide attempt||55.65%||44.35% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Tramadol * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||10.13%||7.09%||22.03%||29.11%||18.73%||12.91% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Tramadol ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (59 people, 13.69%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (58 people, 13.46%)
- Pain (55 people, 12.76%)
- Anxiety (33 people, 7.66%)
- Bipolar disorder (32 people, 7.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (293 people, 67.98%)
- Chantix (62 people, 14.39%)
- Tramadol hydrochloride (58 people, 13.46%)
- Neurontin (44 people, 10.21%)
- Clonazepam (37 people, 8.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Aromasin for a 45-year old woman with Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Migraine Hemiplegic, Migraine With Aura, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Dyshidrotic Eczema
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Tramadol, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Depression, Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Ocular Migraine, Nerve Pain, Shortness Of Breath, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Chest Discomfort, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Tramadol for a 36-year old woman with Birth Control, Pain. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Forgetfulness
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-medrol, Ibuprofen, Prednisolone, Zorvolex, Esomeprazole Sodium, Tramadol, Zolpidem, Diazepam, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman with Orthopedic Pain - Articular Infiltration, Orthopedic Pain, Gastric Ph, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Hair Loss, Eosinophilic Pustular Foliculitis, Caries, Presbyopia
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Skelaxin, Ultram, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 54-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Back Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Tramadol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.