Review: could Tramadol cause Tendon injury?
Summary: Tendon injury is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,642 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Tendon injury. Find out below who they are, when they have Tendon injury and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Tendon injury >>>
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 41,511 users)
Tendon injury has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain, high blood pressure, bacterial infection.(latest reports from Tendon injury 1,332 patients)
On Dec, 9, 2014: 38,642 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 48 people (0.12%) have Tendon Injury.
Time on Tramadol when people have Tendon injury * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tendon injury||0.00%||57.14%||42.86%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tendon injury when taking Tramadol * :
|Tendon injury||86.27%||13.73% |
Age of people who have Tendon injury when taking Tramadol * :
|Tendon injury||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.89%||17.78%||17.78%||55.56% |
Severity of Tendon injury when taking Tramadol ** :
How people recovered from Tendon injury ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (22 people, 45.83%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 37.50%)
- Sleep disorder (15 people, 31.25%)
- Hypothyroidism (12 people, 25.00%)
- Nausea (12 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (34 people, 70.83%)
- Levaquin (20 people, 41.67%)
- Neurontin (20 people, 41.67%)
- Fosamax (19 people, 39.58%)
- Lortab (19 people, 39.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tendon Injury while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Tendon Injury
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Tendon Injury
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tramadol, Tendon injury
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- No noticeable effects
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylosis, End Term Osteoarthritis, and takes Red Panax Ginseng, Tramadol )
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
(Posted by a 20 year old man who has Colostotoma Also Trapped Muscles, and takes Naproxen, Tramadol, Codeine)
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- Burning mouth syndrome
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Burning Tongue Syndrome, and takes Tramadol)
I went into a local emergency room for a sore throat with pustules and difficulty swallowing, i was given Tramadol for pain through my iv. About 2 days later i woke up with a very blistery tongue, which was mildly painful as the day progressed i felt like i had been eating habanero peppers all day.. ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Tendon injury
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tramadol for a patient with Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Pain
Comments: Herniated disk cervical,lombar
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Chronic Pain. The patient has Serotonin Syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time)
Comments: elevated heart rate and palpitation, using Colona pin to relax and slow heart beat not working
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Vertigo, Pain-amputee. The patient has
Comments: Took both last night and woke up in the middle of night with severe cramps, throwing up, and severe diahrea, never saw so much.
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Tramadol, Gabapentin for a patient with Neck Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has
Comments: Nerve damage to shoulder. Compressed discs c5 and c7.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a patient with Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes, Hyperlipidemia
Comments: Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added Sept and Oct LFT's and lipids elevated.
More related studies for: Tramadol, Tendon injury
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.