Home > Tramadol > Tinnitus > Tramadol and Tinnitus
Review: could Tramadol cause Tinnitus?
We study 38,575 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 166 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Tinnitus >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,430 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,308 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 38,575 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 166 people (0.43%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Tramadol when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Tramadol * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Tramadol * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (39 people, 23.49%)
- Neck pain (34 people, 20.48%)
- Psychotic disorder (27 people, 16.27%)
- Sedation (26 people, 15.66%)
- Extrapyramidal disorder (26 people, 15.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (129 people, 77.71%)
- Diazepam (60 people, 36.14%)
- Omeprazole (52 people, 31.33%)
- Paroxetine hcl (50 people, 30.12%)
- Mirtazapine (48 people, 28.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Tramadol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
hissing/ringing in ears started about 2-3 months ago. I have quit taking tramadol with no improvement.
From this study (2 years ago):
having ringing in the ears. Need to know which drug, or combination of drugs, is most likely to cause this symptom?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Tinnitus sufferers using buspar ,did ringing get worse
I am on Zoloft & ringing has been bad last 7 days..dr thinks BuSpar would be milder, just heard scary stories of worse ringing...any help appreciated
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can a failed lap nissan cause tinnitus
Can a failed lap Nissan cause tinnitus. I have one and I noticed that I no longer have the huge amount of flatulence that I used to - I seem to have an air dynamic that is "off" in my body/head and it is causing tinnitus in one ear. Can this be possible?
More questions for: Tramadol, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- No noticeable effects
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Tinnitus
On eHealthMe, Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Tramadol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tramadol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (23 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Cholesterol
- Hepatitis C
- Hiv Infection