Home > Tramadol > Uti > Tramadol and Uti
Review: could Tramadol cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Pain.
We study 38,627 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 848 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Uti >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,482 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 448,493 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 38,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 848 people (2.20%) have Uti.
Time on Tramadol when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Tramadol * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Tramadol * :
Severity of Uti when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Uti ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (155 people, 18.28%)
- Renal failure chronic (98 people, 11.56%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (94 people, 11.08%)
- Osteoporosis (65 people, 7.67%)
- Depression (61 people, 7.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (707 people, 83.37%)
- Lisinopril (222 people, 26.18%)
- Aspirin (191 people, 22.52%)
- Simvastatin (187 people, 22.05%)
- Furosemide (184 people, 21.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uti while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Uti
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tramadol, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- No noticeable effects
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylosis, End Term Osteoarthritis, and takes Red Panax Ginseng, Tramadol )
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
(Posted by a 20 year old man who has Colostotoma Also Trapped Muscles, and takes Naproxen, Tramadol, Codeine)
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
More reviews for: Tramadol, Uti
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Zoloft for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Panic Attacks. The patient has Breast Pain, Hair Loss, Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: urinary tract infections began within the last year and occur every 2 months
hair loss and breast pain began about 2 years ago
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tramadol for a patient with Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Pain
Comments: Herniated disk cervical,lombar
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Chronic Pain. The patient has Serotonin Syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time)
Comments: elevated heart rate and palpitation, using Colona pin to relax and slow heart beat not working
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Vertigo, Pain-amputee. The patient has
Comments: Took both last night and woke up in the middle of night with severe cramps, throwing up, and severe diahrea, never saw so much.
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Tramadol, Gabapentin for a patient with Neck Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has
Comments: Nerve damage to shoulder. Compressed discs c5 and c7.
More related studies for: Tramadol, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.