Home > Tramadol > Weight loss > Tramadol and Weight loss
Review: could Tramadol cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Tramadol hcl, and have Anxiety.
We study 38,627 people who have side effects while taking Tramadol from FDA and social media. Among them, 183 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tramadol and have Weight loss >>>
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,482 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Weight loss (latest reports from 98,584 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 38,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol. Among them, 183 people (0.47%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Tramadol when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||55.56%||0.00%||22.22%||22.22%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Tramadol * :
|Weight loss||63.83%||36.17% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Tramadol * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||1.27%||1.91%||12.10%||14.01%||40.13%||30.57% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Tramadol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (28 people, 15.30%)
- Depression (25 people, 13.66%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 10.93%)
- Sleep disorder (19 people, 10.38%)
- Insomnia (19 people, 10.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tramadol hcl (128 people, 69.95%)
- Aspirin (52 people, 28.42%)
- Seroquel (50 people, 27.32%)
- Lisinopril (46 people, 25.14%)
- Zometa (44 people, 24.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Tramadol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tramadol and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Tramadol
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tramadol, Weight loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Weight loss taking lipitor
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Lost All Body Muscles And Weight Loss, Weight Loss)
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- No noticeable effects
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylosis, End Term Osteoarthritis, and takes Red Panax Ginseng, Tramadol )
No noticeable effects when used together. Tramadol dose 50-100 mg's four times a day.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
More reviews for: Tramadol, Weight loss
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Zantac
Comments: I do not understand I have been taking Alprazalam because I had a nervous breakdown in 1991 when I lost my first grandson at four months and four days so the doctor put me on this medication and told me not to get off of it. I do know what happens when I do not have it I have seizers, tear a complet ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vyvanse, Relafen, Tramadol, Fluoxetine, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Androgel for a patient with ADHD, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Hyopothy, Hypogonadism Male. The patient has Hyperhidrosis
Comments: Understandably many of these medications/conditions can cause sweating, but I am suffering from generalized sweating upper body chest and head more than under arms or hands or feet. Not localized. Does the androjel if applied to areas of the chest have a 'pore plugging' effect? I feel a film on m ...
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Osteoarthritis. The patient has Sudden Hearing Loss
Comments: - Consulted physician for ear pain and hearing loss, in both ears, most significantly in left. These symptoms occurred OVERNIGHT, and I called the physician within two days. She was out of the office that week, but her PA prescribed an ear drop solution-7,5 Ciprodex OT 0.3-0.1% SUS A - Instructions: ...
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has
Comments: I have had Restless Legs Syndrome from when I was a young boy but in those days, some 55 years ago, people used to tell me I had 'Saint Vitus Dance'. I could never settle down in a warm or hot setting, I was fidgety and had to have my feet out of my bed and at it's worst, stand on very cold ground o ...
More related studies for: Tramadol, Weight loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.