Review: could Trazodone hydrochloride cause Bad dreams (Nightmares)?
Summary: Bad dreams is found among people who take Trazodone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking.
We study 4,933 people who have side effects while taking Trazodone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Bad dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride and have Bad dreams >>>
Trazodone hydrochloride has active ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 6,673 Trazodone hydrochloride users)
Bad dreams (unpleasant dreams) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 14,339 Bad dreams patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 4,918 people reported to have side effects when taking Trazodone hydrochloride. Among them, 35 people (0.71%) have Bad Dreams.
Time on Trazodone hydrochloride when people have Bad dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bad dreams when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Bad dreams||68.57%||31.43% |
Age of people who have Bad dreams when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Bad dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.85%||15.38%||19.23%||34.62%||26.92% |
Severity of Bad dreams when taking Trazodone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||20.00%||60.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Bad dreams ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (16 people, 45.71%)
- Depression (7 people, 20.00%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 8.57%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 8.57%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (17 people, 48.57%)
- Cymbalta (5 people, 14.29%)
- Seroquel (5 people, 14.29%)
- Zoloft (5 people, 14.29%)
- Clonazepam (4 people, 11.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of trazodone hydrochloride and bad dreams on
Do you have Bad Dreams while taking Trazodone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride and have Bad Dreams
- support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Bad Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Fiorinal for a 42-year old man with Hemicrania Continua. The patient has Bad Dreams
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Valium, Cymbalta, Prozac for a 42-year old woman with Sleepy, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder. The patient has Anhedonia, Depression
- A study of side effects of Remeron for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Maxalt, Effexor, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Migraine With Aura, Depression, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Bad Dreams
Recent Trazodone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man who has Sleep
- Comparions of Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Alprazolam for a 27-year old man who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor, Namenda for a 63-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.