Home > Trazodone > Insomnia > Trazodone and Insomnia
Review: could Trazodone cause Insomnia?
We study 4,848 people who have side effects while taking Trazodone from FDA and social media. Among them, 284 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride and have Insomnia >>>
Trazodone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 6,569 users) has active ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 757,392 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 4,820 people reported to have side effects when taking Trazodone hydrochloride. Among them, 293 people (6.08%) have Insomnia.
Time on Trazodone hydrochloride when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Trazodone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (50 people, 17.06%)
- Depression (42 people, 14.33%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (32 people, 10.92%)
- Sleep disorder (27 people, 9.22%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 8.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (50 people, 17.06%)
- Aredia (49 people, 16.72%)
- Neurontin (49 people, 16.72%)
- Seroquel (42 people, 14.33%)
- Prevacid (40 people, 13.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Trazodone Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
never done full panel of hormones; cortisol flatlined 5 years ago now too high; testing also showed high estrogen levels for peri-menopausal female
From this study (10 months ago):
diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and generalized anxiety, PTSD and major depressive disorder. Possibly am bi-polar
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Trazodone hydrochloride, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Trazodone hydrochloride, Insomnia
On eHealthMe, Trazodone Hydrochloride (trazodone hydrochloride) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Trazodone Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Trazodone Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (23 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (36 minutes ago)
- Meloxicam, Angeliq, Methotrexate for a 49-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Menopause (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (39 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Chinese Almond
- Decadron La
- Hormone Replacement Therapy