Review: could Trazodone hydrochloride cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Trazodone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 4,918 people who have side effects while taking Trazodone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 249 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride and have Shortness of breath >>>
Trazodone hydrochloride has active ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 6,662 Trazodone hydrochloride users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Shortness of breath patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 4,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Trazodone hydrochloride. Among them, 249 people (5.07%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Trazodone hydrochloride when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||16.67%||11.11%||5.56%||11.11%||27.78%||22.22%||5.56% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Shortness of breath||71.09%||28.91% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.48%||2.86%||6.67%||8.10%||24.29%||30.00%||27.62% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Trazodone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||6.25%||50.00%||31.25%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||10.00%||0.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (41 people, 16.47%)
- Multiple myeloma (30 people, 12.05%)
- Insomnia (23 people, 9.24%)
- Sleep disorder (21 people, 8.43%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 7.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (66 people, 26.51%)
- Aspirin (53 people, 21.29%)
- Aredia (51 people, 20.48%)
- Neurontin (46 people, 18.47%)
- Percocet (44 people, 17.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of trazodone hydrochloride and shortness of breath on
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Trazodone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acid for a 26-year old woman with Ome. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman with Sleep Aid. The patient has Marjuana
- A study of side effects of Brilinta for a 74-year old man with Heart Attack. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Recent Trazodone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Requip, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Temazepam for a 33-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac for a 73-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Seroquel, Dexedrine for a 21-year old woman who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.