Review: could Trazodone hydrochloride cause Sleep walking?
Summary: Sleep walking is found among people who take Trazodone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Insomnia.
We study 4,918 people who have side effects while taking Trazodone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Sleep walking. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep walking and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride and have Sleep walking >>>
Trazodone hydrochloride has active ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 6,662 Trazodone hydrochloride users)
Sleep walking (walking during sleep) has been reported by people with insomnia, depression, sleep disorder, pain, quit smoking. (latest reports from 3,576 Sleep walking patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 4,918 people reported to have side effects when taking Trazodone hydrochloride. Among them, 7 people (0.14%) have Sleep Walking.
Time on Trazodone hydrochloride when people have Sleep walking * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep walking||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleep walking when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Sleep walking||62.50%||37.50% |
Age of people who have Sleep walking when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Sleep walking||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||62.50%||25.00% |
Severity of Sleep walking when taking Trazodone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep walking||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep walking ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep walking||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (4 people, 57.14%)
- Pain (3 people, 42.86%)
- Prostate cancer (2 people, 28.57%)
- Affective disorder (2 people, 28.57%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 28.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (4 people, 57.14%)
- Ambien (3 people, 42.86%)
- Xanax (3 people, 42.86%)
- Lexapro (3 people, 42.86%)
- Ibuprofen (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Walking while taking Trazodone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride and have Sleep Walking
- support group for people who take Trazodone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Sleep Walking
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman with Sleep Aid. The patient has Marjuana
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar 2, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Cough Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 20-year old woman with Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Sexual Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 48-year old woman with Friedreich's Ataxia. The patient has Sleep Walking (walking during sleep)
Recent Trazodone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Requip, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Temazepam for a 33-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac for a 73-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Seroquel, Dexedrine for a 21-year old woman who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.