Review: could Trazodone cause Sleepiness - during the day?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 11, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 3,769 people who take Trazodone. Among them, 147 have Sleepiness - during the day. See who they are, when they have Sleepiness - during the day and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Trazodone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 6,392 users) has active ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia, sleep disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Trazodone hydrochloride include stress and anxiety, anxiety aggravated, depression aggravated, nausea aggravated, nausea.
Sleepiness - during the day
Sleepiness - during the day (excess sleeping during day time) (latest reports from 484,398 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking.
On Feb, 11, 2014: 3,737 people reported to have side effects when taking Trazodone hydrochloride. Among them, 125 people (3.34%) have Sleepiness - During The Day.
Time on Trazodone hydrochloride when people have Sleepiness - during the day * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleepiness - during the day||24.00%||16.00%||12.00%||20.00%||8.00%||8.00%||12.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||60.61%||39.39% |
Age of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.85%||5.93%||5.08%||18.64%||19.49%||30.51%||19.49% |
Severity of Sleepiness - during the day when taking Trazodone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleepiness - during the day||4.35%||43.48%||30.43%||21.74% |
How people recovered from Sleepiness - during the day ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleepiness - during the day||14.29%||0.00%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (31 people, 24.80%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (24 people, 19.20%)
- Multiple myeloma (19 people, 15.20%)
- Pain (15 people, 12.00%)
- Insomnia (14 people, 11.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (30 people, 24.00%)
- Lasix (30 people, 24.00%)
- Lorazepam (27 people, 21.60%)
- Chantix (27 people, 21.60%)
- Neurontin (25 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Trazodone hydrochloride, Sleepiness - during the day
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Trazodone Hydrochloride (trazodone hydrochloride) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Trazodone Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Trazodone Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Trazodone hydrochloride side effects from A to Z:
Browse Trazodone hydrochloride drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I am so happy to have gotten off of effexor aka venlafaxine. I was prescribed after a suicide attempt. I did not know any better and did not do my research. It really really helped with any social anxiety that I had, I lost some extra weight, and the running narrative of "you just really need to die because [insert reason here]" that usually runs through my head disappeared. However, other side effects made me almost trash my life any worse than my depressive thoughts could have led. The severe alcoholism and crazy impulsive behavior have completely ceased two weeks past my lowest dose. What is worse is that it was an ordeal to get off of!!!! DO NOT take this drug unless you have tried several different treatments and "know" your drugs. I've seen it work wonders for others, but DO NOT EVER let a doc start you on this!!!!
From this study (2 years ago):
This drug makes me feel AWFUL for 2+ days --I was rx'd 100mg at bedtime for insomnia, I only took 50mg two times....I am DONE with it! It does put you to sleep, but I would rather not sleep than feel like I do now. :(
From this study (4 years ago):
I thought Provigil would stop the EDS, but it hasn't. I can take provigil(200 mg) and still nap.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What are side effects if i mix celebrex with meloxicam?
I had total joint done on right leg about 3 years ago. Left knee was getting bad at that time, but I've gotten by with cortisone injections up until now. I've had cortisone shots in my both hips. I've developed an issue with right wrist, severe pain, not much range of motion, dr. makes me wear a ...
- Toxicology level for gabapentin were 55 mcg/ ml can that cause respiratory arrest?
Had just started Gralise 600mg tablets 2 days prior to respiratory arrest. Hydrocodone he had been on for a month (both were used for complex regional pain syndrome which he had just gotten due to a fall). All other medicines he had been on for 2 years. Toxicology report was 55 mcg/ mL for Gralise ...
- How many doses can i take?
I have been using cyproheptadine for two months now, twice a week. I have just ordered a hair pill call hairfinity which consist of biotin and should be taken 2 times a day. Is it good to take both pills at the same time? If not when can I take both? And how many should take a day?
More questions for: Trazodone hydrochloride, Sleepiness - during the day
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Trazodone effect memory
After being on Trazodone 100 mg( to help me sleep because 50mg didn't help)for two weeks, my family begin to notice that I was very forgetful! I researched the Net to see if this was a side effect. I found this site and made up my mind to not continue to take it!!!!!!!!!
- Ventricular tachycardia due to trazodone.
I took trazodone for several years in my 40s for insomnia and depression. I began having symptoms similar to POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome): that is, if i bent over to check an auto's tire pressure and stood up again, my heart would go into overdrive...rates of 180bpm or higher. Th ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Trazodone hydrochloride, Sleepiness - during the day
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression Suicidal, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Alcoholism, Impulsive Behaviour, Somnolence (Drowsiness), Constipation, Dry Mouth
- A study of side effects of Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Bruxism Aggravated (habitual grinding of the teeth, typically during sleep), Headaches (pain in head), Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Confusional State, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Zoloft, Trileptal, Atenolol, Provigil for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Bipolar Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Narcolepsy. The patient has Sleepiness (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Gabapentin, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Boniva, Omeprazole, Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Copd, Neuropathy, Depression, Sleeping Difficulty, Osteoporosis, Nausea And Vomiting, Compression Fractures Of The Back, Subcutaneous, Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue, Vision Blurred, Weight Increased, Sleepiness (Drowsiness), Constipation, Pain, Clumsiness (Movement - uncoordinated)
More related studies for: Trazodone hydrochloride, Sleepiness - during the day
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.