Review: could Trazodone cause Vision blurred?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 26, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 3,769 people who take Trazodone. Among them, 58 have Vision blurred. See who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Trazodone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 6,392 users) has active ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia, sleep disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Trazodone hydrochloride include stress and anxiety, anxiety aggravated, depression aggravated, nausea aggravated, nausea.
Vision blurred (latest reports from 297,675 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 3,737 people reported to have side effects when taking Trazodone hydrochloride. Among them, 58 people (1.55%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Trazodone hydrochloride when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||8.33%||25.00%||16.67%||8.33%||33.33%||8.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Vision blurred||69.84%||30.16% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Trazodone hydrochloride * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||1.64%||0.00%||9.84%||11.48%||29.51%||26.23%||21.31% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Trazodone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||14.29%||50.00%||35.71%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (18 people, 31.03%)
- Pain (10 people, 17.24%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 17.24%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 13.79%)
- Bipolar disorder (8 people, 13.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (18 people, 31.03%)
- Prilosec (15 people, 25.86%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 24.14%)
- Omeprazole (11 people, 18.97%)
- Xanax (10 people, 17.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Trazodone hydrochloride, Vision blurred
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Trazodone Hydrochloride (trazodone hydrochloride) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Trazodone Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Trazodone Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Trazodone hydrochloride side effects from A to Z:
Browse Trazodone hydrochloride drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
M Lee on Jan, 29, 2013:
I am a 54 yr old female. I have been taking Toviaz 8mg for an overactive bladder for a little over 1 year. I had been taking 225mg of Effexor XR for depression for the past 8 years, due to lack of insurance I am no longer able to take the Effexor, my doctor has replaced this with Pristiq 50mg since she is able to supply free samples to me. I started taking the Pristiq 2 weeks ago and now my overactive bladder is back to being uncontrolled. I am urinating between 12-17 times per day, when I need to go I better be within in steps of the bathroom otherwise I am having accidents.I also need to urinate 2-3 times through the night, very frustrating because many times I do not fall asleep. I have already limited myself to no liquids past 7:00 pm. Please let me know if the Pristiq would have any affect on the Toviaz, are there any other options? Thak you!
From this study (5 years ago):
There are more side effects but I can't think of them all. I wasn't having problems until I started taking methadone, but I still have problems when I don't take it. In general I feel awful all the time now.
From this study (5 years ago):
sometimes i wonder if all these just counter act eachother.. if my other health problems are induced due to all the meds.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Toxicology level for gabapentin were 55 mcg/ ml can that cause respiratory arrest?
Had just started Gralise 600mg tablets 2 days prior to respiratory arrest. Hydrocodone he had been on for a month (both were used for complex regional pain syndrome which he had just gotten due to a fall). All other medicines he had been on for 2 years. Toxicology report was 55 mcg/ mL for Gralise ...
- I have tried several meds for my rls. first i tried mirapex , then gabapentin and now on sinemet
Have tried ropiranole type drugs, Mirapex, went to gabapentin, now on Sinemet Cr. Feeling depressed, gaining weight, and not getting relief thru the night. Take trazodone to finally get sleep. Worried about side effects of Sinemet CR 25/100 need to take 2 or 3 at night to get relief. Also taking ...
- Can a person use trazodone and dexamethasone?
I have only been on this for one day started like a moron at 8pm and ive been on it once before on a high dose but this is like 1mg bid for 7 days and i had a recent discovery im allergic to oxycontin as i would randomly pass out or be awake for days tripping, havent ever been on it before. Only rea ...
More questions for: Trazodone hydrochloride, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Trazodone effect memory
After being on Trazodone 100 mg( to help me sleep because 50mg didn't help)for two weeks, my family begin to notice that I was very forgetful! I researched the Net to see if this was a side effect. I found this site and made up my mind to not continue to take it!!!!!!!!!
- Ventricular tachycardia due to trazodone.
I took trazodone for several years in my 40s for insomnia and depression. I began having symptoms similar to POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome): that is, if i bent over to check an auto's tire pressure and stood up again, my heart would go into overdrive...rates of 180bpm or higher. Th ...
- Blurred vision after ipratropium bromide
blurred vision after one day use I take only herbal supplements none known for invasive reactions
More reviews for: Trazodone hydrochloride, Vision blurred
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Gabapentin, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Boniva, Omeprazole, Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Copd, Neuropathy, Depression, Sleeping Difficulty, Osteoporosis, Nausea And Vomiting, Compression Fractures Of The Back, Subcutaneous, Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue, Vision Blurred, Weight Increased, Sleepiness (Drowsiness), Constipation, Pain, Clumsiness (Movement - uncoordinated)
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall Xr 30, Lamictal, Prozac, Klonopin, Lorazepam, Zyrtec, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Prilosec, Advair Diskus 250/50, Flonase, Phenergan, Albuterol, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with ADD, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Allergies, Meniere's Disease, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Vomiting, Insomnia. The patient has Headache, Migraine, Psychomotor Skills Impaired, Depression, Menstrual Disorder, Disorientation (Confusion), Vision Blurred, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Panic Attack (Panic disorder), Tremor - Arms Or Hands, Mania, Vertigo (Dizziness), Aggression Aggravated, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Speech Impairment, Abdominal Cramping, Numbness And Tingling, Mood Swings, Premenstrual Syndrome, Polycystic Ovaries (Polycystic ovary disease), Night Sweats, Metabolic Disorder, Sinus Infections, Thinking Slowed
More related studies for: Trazodone hydrochloride, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.