Home > Trileptal > Erectile dysfunction > Trileptal and Erectile dysfunction
Review: could Trileptal cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Trileptal, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Epilepsy.
We study 11,159 people who have side effects while taking Trileptal from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Trileptal and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Trileptal (latest outcomes from 11,878 users) has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 130,384 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 11,159 people reported to have side effects when taking Trileptal. Among them, 71 people (0.64%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Trileptal when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||22.22%||55.56%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Trileptal * :
|Erectile dysfunction||12.82%||87.18% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Trileptal * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||14.49%||34.78%||30.43%||15.94% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Trileptal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (17 people, 23.94%)
- Bipolar disorder (16 people, 22.54%)
- Affective disorder (14 people, 19.72%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 12.68%)
- Depression (7 people, 9.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (18 people, 25.35%)
- Seroquel (17 people, 23.94%)
- Avandia (17 people, 23.94%)
- Cymbalta (16 people, 22.54%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 22.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Trileptal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Trileptal and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Trileptal
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Enoxaparin Sodium)
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first ...
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Adderall Xr 30, Effexor)
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
- Are atrial fibrillation and erectile dysfunction related?
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I want to know whether those who have atrial fibrillation also suffer from erectile dysfunction, or vice-versa.
- Does "apraxia" of hand exist or is it called spasticity for tbi
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Left Side Paralysis From TBI, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
A moderate TBI secondary to a craniotomy effecting the frontal and temporal lobes.
More questions for: Trileptal, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Viagra)
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came bac ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Could trileptal cause benign intracranial hypertension
(Posted by a 9 year old girl who has IIH, and takes Trileptal)
My Daughter is 9 and was on Trileptal for three years and just started to have severe headaches that lasted for two weeks and were quickly and poorly diagnosed as a status migraine. Another week of pain and incorrect treatments finally led to more tests and the correct diagnosis of IIH. Supposedly ...
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
More reviews for: Trileptal, Erectile dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Amphetamine Salt Combo for a patient with Pain In Limb, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: Very aroused and think about sex but can't stay hard
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar 2, Adhd. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Oxcarbazepine, Ativan for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Pain In Limb
Comments: im having pains in my left leg right under my calf and it hurts more if iwalk or stand on it
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Ativan for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Backache, Sexual Dysfunction, Depression Suicidal, Restlessness Aggravated
Comments: I was on abilify along with these meds at first, and started right away on 40 mg of prozac, but lowered it to 20, because of feeling really sick and weird, same with the abilify. but now i am still feeling sick, confused, and extremely depressed/anxious. just maybe a bit less.
More related studies for: Trileptal, Erectile dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (11 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (33 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)