Home > Trileptal > Night sweats > Trileptal and Night sweats
Review: could Trileptal cause Night sweats?
Summary: Night sweats is found among people who take Trileptal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 11,159 people who have side effects while taking Trileptal from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Night sweats. Find out below who they are, when they have Night sweats and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Trileptal and have Night sweats >>>
Trileptal (latest outcomes from 11,878 users) has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Night sweats (sweating in night) (latest reports from 78,001 patients) has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 11,159 people reported to have side effects when taking Trileptal. Among them, 20 people (0.18%) have Night Sweats.
Time on Trileptal when people have Night sweats * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Night sweats||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Night sweats when taking Trileptal * :
|Night sweats||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Night sweats when taking Trileptal * :
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.79%||21.05%||47.37%||10.53%||5.26% |
Severity of Night sweats when taking Trileptal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Night sweats||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Night sweats ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (7 people, 35.00%)
- Pain (5 people, 25.00%)
- Hepatitis c (2 people, 10.00%)
- Pain management (2 people, 10.00%)
- Arthralgia (2 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (7 people, 35.00%)
- Zyrtec (5 people, 25.00%)
- Oxycontin (5 people, 25.00%)
- Neurontin (5 people, 25.00%)
- Keflex (4 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Night Sweats while taking Trileptal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Trileptal and have Night Sweats
- support group for people who take Trileptal
- support group for people who have Night Sweats
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- Does "apraxia" of hand exist or is it called spasticity for tbi
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Left Side Paralysis From TBI, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
A moderate TBI secondary to a craniotomy effecting the frontal and temporal lobes.
- Can trileptal cause a-fib
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Peripheral Neuropathy, A-fib, and takes Trileptal, Lyrica)
I had an ablation. I got irregular hr on lyrica for neuropathy peripheral.md changed to oxcarbazepine. do these drugs cause a-fib. what is best pain med that does not cause a-fib or tachycardia.cymbalta,paxil Prozac caused atrial tachy and a-fib.?
- Does soy isoflavones interact with other medications
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Night Sweats, and takes Soy Isoflavones)
I'm taking soy isoflavones to help with hot flashes. I take it with my antidepressant and anxiety medication. I have been having severe night sweats. Is this normal?
- Has anyone found a connection between hyperhidrosis and spondylolisthesis
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has Hyperhidrosis, Back Pain - Low, Night Sweats)
Hi, I would just like to ask if anyone has found a connection between hyperhidrosis and spondylolisthesis. I have been suffering from hyperhidrosis since I was roughly fifteen (2002). I was recently diagnosed with spondylolisthesis (2012) which the doctor attributed to my rowing through school and ...
More questions for: Trileptal, Night sweats
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Could trileptal cause benign intracranial hypertension
(Posted by a 9 year old girl who has IIH, and takes Trileptal)
My Daughter is 9 and was on Trileptal for three years and just started to have severe headaches that lasted for two weeks and were quickly and poorly diagnosed as a status migraine. Another week of pain and incorrect treatments finally led to more tests and the correct diagnosis of IIH. Supposedly ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, and takes Lamictal, Cymbalta)
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Serious oxcarbazepine (trileptal) side effect
(Posted by a 93 year old woman who has Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
My mom suffered from acute facial nerve pain for almost last 8 years which was diagnosed for Trigeminal Neuralgia. The pain started suddenly and she started and continued the treatment with Lyrica. In the beginning, the pain would go away after several months and start again in a year or two. How ...
More reviews for: Trileptal, Night sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of side effects of Oxcarbazepine for a patient with Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Microalbuminuria (albumin into the urine)
Comments: Have taken Oxcarbezepine to treat sensory problems w/ my M.S. Since 2003 and have had to deal with the resultant low sodium levels since that time (caused by the drug). I salt my foods liberally but the highest level I can achieve is 130. Occasionally I take a 1 gram sodium chloride pill when I fe ...
- A study of side effects of Vicodin for a patient with Pain In Jaw. The patient has Night Sweats (sweating in night), Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: I am taking Vicodin for pain relief from extensive & invasive dental work I had done less than 1 month ago. Per the Rx, I can take 1 pill up to every 4 hours; however, I typically take only 1-2 tablets per day & take 600mg of Ibuprofen about every 6 hours the rest of the day. I clench my teeth at ni ...
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a patient with Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement), General Symptom
Comments: This medication just made me feel so much slower. it feels like my brain is shut off and I can't think like I used to. I have no mental illmesses, just epilepsy. I used to get dizzy spells. Sometimes I do now, but doctors just attribute it to poor diet which I do not believe is the case. What scares ...
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Trileptal
Comments: My body had an adverse reaction, causing it to attack my own body.
I began to have a high grade fever, next came appearance or red circular flat red spots on my wrists and arms, then got diarrhea, on second day the red circular spots & Spread to legs & feet,entire genital area & anus with a ho ...
More related studies for: Trileptal, Night sweats
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (7 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (3 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (8 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (26 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (2 hours ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (3 hours ago)