Review: could Trileptal cause Polycystic ovary disease?
Summary: Polycystic ovary disease is reported only by a few people who take Trileptal.
We study 11,177 people who have side effects while taking Trileptal from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Polycystic ovary disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Polycystic ovary disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Trileptal and have Polycystic ovary disease >>>
Trileptal has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 11,895 Trileptal users)
Polycystic ovary disease
Polycystic ovary disease (cysts in the ovaries that occurs when the follicle stops developing) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, migraine, depression, epilepsy. (latest reports from 3,273 Polycystic ovary disease patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 11,177 people reported to have side effects when taking Trileptal. Among them, 5 people (0.04%) have Polycystic Ovary Disease.
Time on Trileptal when people have Polycystic ovary disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Polycystic ovary disease||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Polycystic ovary disease when taking Trileptal * :
|Polycystic ovary disease||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Polycystic ovary disease when taking Trileptal * :
|Polycystic ovary disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Polycystic ovary disease when taking Trileptal ** :
How people recovered from Polycystic ovary disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (5 people, 100.00%)
- Epilepsy (4 people, 80.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (5 people, 100.00%)
- Topamax (5 people, 100.00%)
- Risperdal (5 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (4 people, 80.00%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 80.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Trileptal and polycystic ovary disease on
Do you have Polycystic Ovary Disease while taking Trileptal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Trileptal and have Polycystic Ovary Disease
- support group for people who take Trileptal
- support group for people who have Polycystic ovary disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a 65-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Double Vision (double vision)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Gabapentin, Zofran, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Metformin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 26-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, Nausea, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Chronic Pain, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Dilaudid, Allopurinol, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Trileptal for a 29-year old man with Pain, Gout, High Blood Pressure, Nerve Pain, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypersexuality
- A study of drug interactions between Trileptal, Saphris for a 17-year old boy with Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Mood Disorder. The patient has Eye Twitch, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Hot Flushes Aggravated, Throat - Sore, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a 55-year old woman with Seizures. The patient has Bladder Infection
Recent Trileptal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Trileptal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Klonopin, Trileptal, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 40-year old woman who has Bipolar 1
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Strattera, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Oxtellar Xr for a 19-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Trileptal, Lamotrigine for a 58-year old man who has Malferrari
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.