From FDA reports: Trileptal and Polycystic ovary disease
This is a study of Polycystic ovary disease among people who take Trileptal. The study analyzes: the time on Trileptal when people have Polycystic ovary disease, gender and age of these people, the severity of Polycystic ovary disease, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Trileptal. In total 10,383 Trileptal users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: a drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question? On eHealthMe, we invite your personal health network to answer your question. Start now
Trileptal has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is used in epilepsy, bipolar disorder, seizures, mood swings, bipolar ii disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Trileptal include convulsion, hyponatremia, dizziness, nausea, fatigue.
Polycystic ovary disease
Polycystic ovary disease has been reported by people with birth control, acne, depression, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis.
On Jun, 20, 2013: 10,383 people reported to have side effects when taking Trileptal. Among them, 3 people (0.03%) have Polycystic Ovary Disease.
Time on Trileptal when people have Polycystic ovary disease * :
Gender of people who have Polycystic ovary disease when taking Trileptal * :
|Polycystic ovary disease||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Polycystic ovary disease when taking Trileptal * :
|Polycystic ovary disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Polycystic ovary disease when taking Trileptal ** :
How people recovered from Polycystic ovary disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (3 people, 100.00%)
- Epilepsy (3 people, 100.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (3 people, 100.00%)
- Seroquel (3 people, 100.00%)
- Topamax (3 people, 100.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 100.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether polycystic ovary disease is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Trileptal (oxcarbazepine) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Trileptal is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Trileptal used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Trileptal side effects from A to Z:
Browse Trileptal drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Depo-provera, Nicorette, Phentermine, Xanax, Lisinopril for a 33-year old woman who has Birth Control, Cessation Of Smoking, Obesity, Anxiety, Hypertension (12 minutes ago)
- Testosterone for a 29-year old woman who has Low Testosterone (27 minutes ago)
- Zoloft for a 22-year old man who has Depression (46 minutes ago)
- Zanaflex for a 55-year old man who has Muscle Spasms (1 hour ago)
- Tramadol for a 37-year old woman who has Sacroiliitis (2 hours ago)
- Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 59-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism (2 hours ago)
- Simvastatin, HCTZ for a 58-year old woman who has High Cholestoral, High Blood Pressure (2 hours ago)
- Prozac for a 47-year old woman who has Depression (2 hours ago)
- Seroquel for a 37-year old woman who has Insomnia (2 hours ago)
- Atarax, Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Panic Attack, Depression (3 hours ago)