Home > Trileptal > Restless leg syndrome > Trileptal and Restless leg syndrome
Review: could Trileptal cause Restless leg syndrome?
Summary: Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Trileptal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Ativan, and have Depression.
We study 11,159 people who have side effects while taking Trileptal from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Trileptal and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Trileptal (latest outcomes from 11,878 users) has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 67,439 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 11,159 people reported to have side effects when taking Trileptal. Among them, 34 people (0.30%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Trileptal when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Trileptal * :
|Restless leg syndrome||93.75%||6.25% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Trileptal * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||7.69%||46.15%||7.69%||30.77% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Trileptal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (20 people, 58.82%)
- Arthritis (19 people, 55.88%)
- Sleep disorder (18 people, 52.94%)
- Muscle spasms (18 people, 52.94%)
- Hypercalcaemia (18 people, 52.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (22 people, 64.71%)
- Celebrex (19 people, 55.88%)
- Cymbalta (19 people, 55.88%)
- Lexapro (19 people, 55.88%)
- Ibuprofen (19 people, 55.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Trileptal?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Trileptal and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Trileptal
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis In Lower Back, Mild Brain Damage From Suicide Attempt, PTSD)
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- Does "apraxia" of hand exist or is it called spasticity for tbi
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Left Side Paralysis From TBI, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
A moderate TBI secondary to a craniotomy effecting the frontal and temporal lobes.
More questions for: Trileptal, Restless leg syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Could trileptal cause benign intracranial hypertension
(Posted by a 9 year old girl who has IIH, and takes Trileptal)
My Daughter is 9 and was on Trileptal for three years and just started to have severe headaches that lasted for two weeks and were quickly and poorly diagnosed as a status migraine. Another week of pain and incorrect treatments finally led to more tests and the correct diagnosis of IIH. Supposedly ...
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Bipolar 1 And Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Trileptal, Zyprexa)
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance)
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
More reviews for: Trileptal, Restless leg syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Oxcarbazepine, Ativan for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Pain In Limb
Comments: im having pains in my left leg right under my calf and it hurts more if iwalk or stand on it
- A study of drug interactions between Trileptal, Medrol for a patient with Idiopathic Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy, Vasculitis. The patient has
Comments: I have idiopathic small fiber peripheral neuropathy DX on 10/1/13 and vasculitis
DX on 9/28/14. I am in constant pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Trileptal, Methylprednisolone for a patient with Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy, Vasculitis. The patient has
Comments: I have idiopathic edema and idiopathic small fiber peripheral neuropathy
very painful on feet, legs mostly, but also arms to a much lesser degree
- A study of side effects of Eliquis for a patient with Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
Comments: Day 2 of two 10mg/day. Restless after dosing.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr, Trileptal, Pantoprazole for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Muscle Spasms, Hair Loss
Comments: I have been experiencing hair loss in clumps while running fingers through my hair and i have blurred vision. The hair loss is recent..within the last week..the newest medicine is the pantoprazole
More related studies for: Trileptal, Restless leg syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nortriptyline and Xanax
- Mucinex Dm and Bystolic
- Heart Palpitations and Excedrin
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (12 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (18 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Indomethacin for a 30-year old woman who has Pleurisy (1 hour ago)
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (2 hours ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (2 hours ago)