Review: could Trileptal cause Restless leg syndrome?
Summary: Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Trileptal, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Ativan, and have Depression.
We study 11,180 people who have side effects while taking Trileptal from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Trileptal and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Trileptal has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 11,900 Trileptal users)
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless leg syndrome patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 11,180 people reported to have side effects when taking Trileptal. Among them, 34 people (0.30%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Trileptal when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Trileptal * :
|Restless leg syndrome||93.75%||6.25% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Trileptal * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||7.69%||46.15%||7.69%||30.77% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Trileptal ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (20 people, 58.82%)
- Arthritis (19 people, 55.88%)
- Sleep disorder (18 people, 52.94%)
- Muscle spasms (18 people, 52.94%)
- Hypercalcaemia (18 people, 52.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (22 people, 64.71%)
- Celebrex (19 people, 55.88%)
- Cymbalta (19 people, 55.88%)
- Lexapro (19 people, 55.88%)
- Ibuprofen (19 people, 55.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of trileptal and restless leg syndrome on
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Trileptal?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Trileptal and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Trileptal
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin for a 25-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of side effects of Haloperidol for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Trileptal for a 12-year old girl with Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anger
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
Recent Trileptal related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vimpat, Oxcarbazepine for a 8-year old girl who has Epilepsey
- Comparions of Oxcarbazepine, Klonopin, Valacyclovir, Opana Er, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Fibromyositis
- Comparions of Trileptal, Tegretol for a 61-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Saphris, Trileptal, Abilify for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Trileptal, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.