Home > Truvada > Neuropathy peripheral > Truvada and Neuropathy peripheral
Review: could Truvada cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Truvada, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Norvir, and have Hiv infection.
We study 10,657 people who have side effects while taking Truvada from FDA and social media. Among them, 73 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Truvada and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Truvada (latest outcomes from 10,912 users) has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection.
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) (latest reports from 27,652 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 10,657 people reported to have side effects when taking Truvada. Among them, 73 people (0.68%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Truvada when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy peripheral||44.44%||11.11%||16.67%||27.78%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Truvada * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||21.62%||78.38% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Truvada * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||5.88%||27.45%||33.33%||15.69%||11.76% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Truvada ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy peripheral||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (41 people, 56.16%)
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (6 people, 8.22%)
- Weight decreased (5 people, 6.85%)
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (5 people, 6.85%)
- Diarrhoea (5 people, 6.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Norvir (45 people, 61.64%)
- Kaletra (36 people, 49.32%)
- Bactrim (27 people, 36.99%)
- Isentress (25 people, 34.25%)
- Videx (23 people, 31.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Truvada?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Truvada and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Truvada
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- What does emphysemic change in the lungs mean
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Tramadol)
Doctor told me I have emphysema changes in my lungs.could this be causing my nausea every day all day?
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, Renal Failure - Chronic, Bladder Distension, and takes Pyridoxine, Methylcobalamin, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Gabapentin)
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Will aoolprinol increase my creatine level
(Asked by a 83 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, High Creatine Level, and takes Allopurinol, Lyrica)
Foot pain, stage 2 kidney disease and recent laminectomy. Weakness of legs and foot pain inhibit ability to exercise via walking and bicycling. Stage 2 kidney disease caused me to switch from allopurinol to Lyrica. Do not tolerate side effects very well of Lyrica dosage of 75 mg, twice a day. Lyric ...
- Is the a correlation with mycobacterium and myasthena gravis?
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Myasthenia Gravis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Imuran, Pyridostigmine Bromide)
I was exposed to a leper colony for about five months while in Vietnam. Many of the lepers died with open wounds and I actually wore some of their beads and trinkets around my neck. I slept on their beds and drank from their water source. Out of the clear blue almost 40 years later with no indicat ...
More questions for: Truvada, Neuropathy peripheral
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Idiopathic insomnolence
(Posted by a 44 year old man who has Insomnolence, Narcolepsy, Iga Nephropathy, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Modafinil)
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Avelox with prednisone and nabumetome = disaster
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Vasculitis, Rhabdomyolysis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Avelox, Prednisone, Nabumetone)
I was prescribed that combination of drugs in January 2013 when I went to my family doctor with a bad chest congestion and painful knees. After starting on the drugs, I got a severely painful neck and thumb and noticed some tingling in my left foot. I took the whole course of the avelox and predniso ...
More reviews for: Truvada, Neuropathy peripheral
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Sertraline, Abilify, Truvada, Prezista for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression, Major Depression, Hiv. The patient has Anger, Depression, Forgetfulness, Rapid Heart Beat, Dizziness, Mood Swings, Diarrhea
Comments: I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prezista, Norvir, Truvada for a patient with HIV. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain - Abdomen, Stabbing Pains In Head
Comments: I keep reporting not feeling right to my physician. I want to clarify the fatigue comes and goes. But my doctor tests consistently show elevated RBC, Hemoglobin, Bun/Creatine, AST, ALT levels; and low Sodium and Chloride Serum counts. I do have HCV, that was treated on the standard treatment for six ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, CoQ10, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Gabapentin, Remicade, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Antarctic Krill Oil, Vitamin C, 8-hour Bayer, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Plavix, Livalo for a patient with Arthritis, Heart Disease Congenital, Neuropathy, Goiter, Immune Enhancement Therapy. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral
Comments: I was on simvastatin until 3 months ago when my cardiologist changed my me over to livalo because I was extremely tired all the time. I think my neuropathy is getting worse. I have muscle pain and not a lot of energy. I am not diabetic.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Thiamine, CoQ10, Adderall, Januvia, Metformin for a patient with Malabsorption, Thiamine Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Add, Diabetes. The patient has Basophil % Slightly Elevated (2+ Years), Albumin Globulin Ratio Abnormal, Bun Higher Than Normal (23), Muscle Cramps, Neuropathy Peripheral, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
Comments: I eat a low carb, high protein, high fat diet to help control diabetes. Fasting Insulin levels are at the very bottom of the normal range. I exercise a lot, average 2+ hours a day riding a bicycle at 16-18 mph, plus occasional running and swimming.
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Hot Flushes Nos, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral
Comments: Been taking Levothyroxine since mid 2011. In February 2013, developed neuropathy in both lower legs (weakness) and slurred speech. As the year progressed, leg weakness is worse. Now have weakness in back and starting in both arms, plus trouble swallowing. Could the thyroid medicine possibly ha ...
More related studies for: Truvada, Neuropathy peripheral
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.