Review: could Truvada cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Truvada, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Norvir, and have Hiv infection.
We study 10,668 people who have side effects while taking Truvada from FDA and social media. Among them, 73 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Truvada and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Truvada has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from 10,924 Truvada users)
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 27,674 Neuropathy peripheral patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 10,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Truvada. Among them, 73 people (0.68%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Truvada when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy peripheral||44.44%||11.11%||16.67%||27.78%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Truvada * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||21.62%||78.38% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Truvada * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||5.88%||27.45%||33.33%||15.69%||11.76% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Truvada ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy peripheral||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (41 people, 56.16%)
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (6 people, 8.22%)
- Weight decreased (5 people, 6.85%)
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (5 people, 6.85%)
- Diarrhoea (5 people, 6.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Norvir (45 people, 61.64%)
- Kaletra (36 people, 49.32%)
- Bactrim (27 people, 36.99%)
- Isentress (25 people, 34.25%)
- Videx (23 people, 31.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Truvada?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Truvada and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Truvada
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Truvada for a 43-year old man with Hiv Wasting Syndrome. The patient has Flu (chills, fever, runny nose, sore throat, muscle pains, headache (often severe), coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort)
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Multivitamin, Zoloft, Wellbutrin Xl, Truvada, Intelence for a 34-year old man with Insomnia, General Physical Health Deterioration, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1. The patient has Angular Cheilitis, Tongue Irritation
- A study of drug interactions between Viramune Xr, Truvada, Finasteride, Terazosin Hydrochloride for a 62-year old man with Hiv, Enlarged Prostate, Difficulty Initiating Urination. The patient has Hives, Hives
- A study of side effects of Truvada for a 26-year old woman with HIV. The patient has Anger
- A study of drug interactions between Colchicine, Allopurinol, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine, Isentress, Truvada for a 56-year old man with Gouty Arthritis - Acute, Hypertension, Hiv+.
Recent Truvada related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.