Turmeric and Acid reflux - from FDA reports
Acid reflux is found among people who take Turmeric, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Vitamin C, and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Acid reflux with Turmeric. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,052 people who have side effects when taking Turmeric from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
2,052 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric.
Among them, 25 people (1.22%) have Acid reflux
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Turmeric *:
- female: 84 %
- male: 16 %
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Turmeric *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.56 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 27.78 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 12.00%)
- Asthma (3 people, 12.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 8.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (2 people, 8.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin C (6 people, 24.00%)
- Vitamin D3 (4 people, 16.00%)
- Vitamin D (4 people, 16.00%)
- Neurontin (3 people, 12.00%)
- Fish Oil (3 people, 12.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Insomnia (6 people, 24.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 20.00%)
- Diarrhea (5 people, 20.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (5 people, 20.00%)
- Fatigue (4 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Acid reflux when taking Turmeric?
- Check symptoms - is acid reflux caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcid reflux and drugs with ingredients of turmeric.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcid reflux and Turmeric from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Turmeric 2,200 users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,254 Acid reflux patients).
Browse all side effects of Turmerica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acid refluxAcid reflux
Could your condition cause Acid refluxAcid reflux
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I want to start taking tumeric for my extreme joint pain, but I'm worried I might experience a dangerous drop in blood sugar since I also take metformin. Metformin has worked well for me, keeping my a1c at about 5.8. My joint pain is pretty bad and has been extremely painful lately. Does anyone ...
Is there any interaction taking these three together? I have a herniated disc C6 & C7 due to MVA and hates medications. Also don't want steroid injections or surgery. Would like help on what I can do naturally without putting bad stuff in my body. Please help. Seeing Acupuncturist ...
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
I have been taking tumeric capsules for about 2 months and I bought a new mattress. I can feel something moving inside the mattress. Everyone is saying it's all in my head, I know what I feel. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...