Review: could Turmeric cause Bipolar (Bipolar disorder)?
Summary: there is no Bipolar reported by people who take Turmeric yet.
We study 142 people who have side effects while taking Turmeric from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Bipolar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Turmeric and have Bipolar >>>
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Turmeric 175 users)
Bipolar (mood disorder) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, pain.(latest reports from Bipolar 43,111 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Bipolar while taking Turmeric?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Turmeric
- support group for people who have Bipolar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will the shaking stop or get worse
Why do I shake and why must I take Epilizine as well
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- Does anybody know if lamictal xr increases ck levels?
I was only taking Notryptiline 50 mg a day, 400 mg (200mg x 2 a day) of Lamectal XR, and my CK levels keep on going up. Which one of these medications is raising my CK levels? Does anybody know? Please help.
In March of 2014, I was hospitalized due to 5000 CK levels. I was released with CK levels of 400, in 2 months, I have increased into 1011. However, now I am off all meds except for Lamectal XR and Notryptiline.
- Is synthroid and milk thistle safe?
I was reviewing the case studies of Synthroid and Milk Thistle and I am not sure I am reading it correctly. I hope the information is incorrect regarding the studies with concurrent use of these drugs. I took one dose of Milk Thistle and it occurred to me that I probably should research to make sure it was safe to take with my Synthroid and hence I find this study. Confused and concerned...please respond. Thanks, Cheri RN
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
More questions for: Turmeric, Bipolar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties in both powered and capsule forms--(powdered form for approximately two to three weeks--one teaspoon twice daily; capsule form for approximately three or four days--one capsule twice daily.) On the day in question, I took one teaspoon of the powered form of turmeric with a late lunch and left off the capsule form. I jog/walk two or three miles intermittently and roughly twice a week. Into the second mile of a three mile jog/walk that night,I experienced an unusual weakness and fatigue, stopped after the second mile and pulse was over 200. I had sweated a lot and after resting a while, I walked the third mile back home and showered. I was unable to sleep. My heart was in atrial fibrillation which was diagnosed hours later at the local Medical Center ER. Heart rate was fluctuating in the 150-170 range and was brought down to 100-120 range with I.V. medication but stayed in that range. Exactly 11 hours after its beginning and with virtually no sleep for over 24 hours and after drinking only water but with very little food and no vitamin or Turmeric consumption, immediately after standing up for the third time in four or five hours to go to the bathroom, I suddenly converted back to a normal heart rate which is 60 to 70 beats a minute and was released from the medical center seven hours later. Plan to stop taking all forms of Turmeric.
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremors in my hands. I consider this as a recurring of the RLS because I have had this before beginning Lovastatin, but it had pretty much abated since then. My doctor back then started me on Amantadine and it worked well.
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thought it was the hormones. My husband and split several times over me punching him. We moved to a state cross country so there was no more family drama. Nothing worked! Over the last 3 years my life has been hell! I happen to run out of my seroquel (tg) it took 2 weeks to arrive. In that time my body went thru horrible withdrawals. I vowed I wouldn't take it any longer. I've been seraquel free for 2 months. I'm now on gabapentin and proud to say I have no anger issues! Not 1 punch has
been thrown. I feel like a totally different person.
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have called them a liar because there is no recall from that week! I have been on psychiatric drugs for over 14 years and have never had such a horrible reaction as I did with Lexapro! The side effects do not include this reaction, but I didn't sleep at all that week or so I am told and there is just nothing, not even a little memory. Take this as you will I am not saying everyone gets this side effect I am just saying it is not impossible. I learned a lesson I don't remember, but will never take Lexapro again! It was dangerous for me!
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
More reviews for: Turmeric, Bipolar
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- No heart issues for 20+ years after having cath ablation. Started taking a teaspoon of turmeric 2x day and after less than a week I was having severe arythemia. The only change in my habits was adding turmeric (which really helped the arthritis in my hands)
- I got my bartholomin's cyst about 6 years ago. It seems to swell when my immune system is fighting a bug. I have bronchitis right now and it seems my cyst has doubled in size. I have taken birth control pills from age 19 to 32 and again from 34-37 but not just now. I have also taken a few years of l ...
- I had back surgery @ Loyola Hospital in 2011 causing an infection called staphylococcal infection developed a fever and had to endure a high power medical wash never suspecting it was the methotrexate. I have been battleing with open soars, deep depression extreme hypersensitivity, chest pains and ...
- Never had uti before. Started Turmeric Force 400 mg/day for about a week then out of the blue, suffered from uti with some bleeding and burning pain. Though I must say I usually drink less than 2 lt of water most days. Took Norfloxacin 400 mg 2 times a day for 3 days but the symptom already gotr bet ...
More related studies for: Turmeric, Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.