Review: could Turmeric cause Blood pressure - high?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 19, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 137 people who take Turmeric. Among them, 5 have Blood pressure - high. See who they are, when they have Blood pressure - high and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Turmeric (latest outcomes from 166 users) has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in arthritis. Commonly reported side effects of Turmeric include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, depression, depression aggravated, general physical health deterioration.
Blood pressure - high
Blood pressure - high (latest reports from 1,140,591 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 17, 2014: 119 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric. Among them, 5 people (4.20%) have Blood Pressure - High.
Time on Turmeric when people have Blood pressure - high * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure - high||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric * :
|Blood pressure - high||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric * :
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||60.00% |
Severity of Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure - high ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 40.00%)
- Thyroid disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 20.00%)
- Blood thinner (1 people, 20.00%)
- Restless leg syndrome (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (3 people, 60.00%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 40.00%)
- Novolog (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lamotrigine (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lasix (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Turmeric, Blood pressure - high
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Turmeric (turmeric) is often used for arthritis. Find out below the conditions Turmeric is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Turmeric used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Turmeric side effects from A to Z:
Browse Turmeric drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I am experiencing intentional movements when going to sleep. The movements follow what I am dreaming about.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Turmeric, Blood pressure - high
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Healthy with myeloma
Diagnosed Feb 2010--Myeloma stage I. Now eat veggie with daily juicing and low carbs, plus supplements--B12, multi vitamins, folic acid, Turmeric, Holy Basil, Green Magma or other chlorophyll source. Sometimes Ganoderma mushrooms, cannabis juice, fresh noni juice (not fermented). I have no sympt ...
More reviews for: Turmeric, Blood pressure - high
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zinc Sulfate, Selenium, Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamin, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Omega-6 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids, Omega-3, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Vitamin D, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Lamotrigine, Novolog, Levemir, Ondansetron, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Aggrenox, Synthroid, Januvia, Cymbalta, Lansoprazole, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a patient with Hair Loss In Women, Heel Pain, Fatigue, Wine And Heart Health, Bone Density Increased, Vitamin D Deficiency, Rhabdomyolysis, Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Analgesic Supportive Therapy, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar 1, Nausea, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, High Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner, Thyroid Disorder, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Gerd, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Bipolar I Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol), Depression, Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Hypothyroidism, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Myoclonic Jerks
More related studies for: Turmeric, Blood pressure - high
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.