Review: could Turmeric cause Blood pressure - high (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure - high is found among people who take Turmeric, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Synthroid, and have Thyroid diseases.
We study 147 people who have side effects while taking Turmeric from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Blood pressure - high. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure - high and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Turmeric and have Blood pressure - high >>>
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from 181 Turmeric users)
Blood pressure - high
Blood pressure - high has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 330,125 Blood pressure - high patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 145 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric. Among them, 9 people (6.21%) have Blood Pressure - High.
Time on Turmeric when people have Blood pressure - high * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure - high||50.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric * :
|Blood pressure - high||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric * :
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||44.44%||44.44% |
Severity of Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure - high ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thyroid disorder (3 people, 33.33%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 33.33%)
- Panic disorder with agoraphobia (1 people, 11.11%)
- Chf (1 people, 11.11%)
- Hbp (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (3 people, 33.33%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 33.33%)
- Lamotrigine (2 people, 22.22%)
- Vitamin d (2 people, 22.22%)
- Sertraline hydrochloride (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Pressure - High while taking Turmeric?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Turmeric and have Blood Pressure - High
- support group for people who take Turmeric
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Complera, Tapazole for a 55-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 59-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Sugar, Hypotriglyceridaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Chlorthalidone, Loratadine, Advair Diskus 250/50, Tramadol for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Hay Fever, Asthma, Arthritis Bacterial. The patient has Multiple Allergies, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Turmeric related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of Curcumae Longa, Capecitabine for a 66-year old woman who has Colon Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Vitamin D, CoQ10, Curcumin, Fragmin, Letrozole for a 67-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Curcumin, Aspirin for a 58-year old man who has Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.