Review: could Turmeric cause Blood pressure - high (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure - high is found among people who take Turmeric, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Synthroid, and have Thyroid diseases.
We study 145 people who have side effects while taking Turmeric from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Blood pressure - high. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure - high and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Turmeric and have Blood pressure - high >>>
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from 178 Turmeric users)
Blood pressure - high
Blood pressure - high has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 329,819 Blood pressure - high patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 145 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric. Among them, 8 people (5.52%) have Blood Pressure - High.
Time on Turmeric when people have Blood pressure - high * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure - high||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric * :
|Blood pressure - high||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric * :
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Blood pressure - high when taking Turmeric ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure - high ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thyroid disorder (3 people, 37.50%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 25.00%)
- Back pain (1 people, 12.50%)
- Panic disorder with agoraphobia (1 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (3 people, 37.50%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 37.50%)
- Lamotrigine (2 people, 25.00%)
- Calcium (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lansoprazole (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Pressure - High while taking Turmeric?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Turmeric and have Blood Pressure - High
- support group for people who take Turmeric
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Tamiflu for a 68-year old woman with Flu. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Mydriacyl for a 38-year old woman with Eye Exam - Standard. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
Recent Turmeric related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of Curcumae Longa, Capecitabine for a 66-year old woman who has Colon Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Vitamin D, CoQ10, Curcumin, Fragmin, Letrozole for a 67-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Curcumin, Aspirin for a 58-year old man who has Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.