Review: could Turmeric cause Hemorrhoids?
Summary: Hemorrhoids is reported only by a few people who take Turmeric.
We study 142 people who have side effects while taking Turmeric from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Hemorrhoids and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Turmeric and have Hemorrhoids >>>
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Turmeric 175 users)
Hemorrhoids (piles) has been reported by people with depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, insomnia, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism.(latest reports from Hemorrhoids 67 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 141 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric. Among them, 1 people (0.71%) has Hemorrhoids.
Time on Turmeric when people have Hemorrhoids * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hemorrhoids when taking Turmeric * :
Age of people who have Hemorrhoids when taking Turmeric * :
Severity of Hemorrhoids when taking Turmeric ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hemorrhoids ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Allergic sinusitis (1 people, 100.00%)
- Menstrual discomfort (1 people, 100.00%)
- Healthy living (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluticasone propionate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Vitamin d (1 people, 100.00%)
- Coq10 (1 people, 100.00%)
- Vitamin e (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hemorrhoids while taking Turmeric?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Turmeric and have Hemorrhoids
- support group for people who take Turmeric
- support group for people who have Hemorrhoids
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is synthroid and milk thistle safe?
I was reviewing the case studies of Synthroid and Milk Thistle and I am not sure I am reading it correctly. I hope the information is incorrect regarding the studies with concurrent use of these drugs. I took one dose of Milk Thistle and it occurred to me that I probably should research to make sure it was safe to take with my Synthroid and hence I find this study. Confused and concerned...please respond. Thanks, Cheri RN
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth (4 answers)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- I want to try a turmeric tonic for abscesses caused by staph. i am on bactrim ds and an concerned of the interactions. does anyone have advice or other remedies i could try? (2 answers)
I have 5 pretty bad abscesses from the staph infection. 3 of them finally started to drain but two are big and painful with no head. I have tried warm compresses, cannabis oil, alcohol wipes, and an Apple Cider Vinegar/baking soda paste. If I don't get them to drain I'll have to have them lanced this week. I read about a turmeric tonic that cured someone's staph, but I don't know the severity of her infection or if she was on antibiotics at the time.
- Can i get hemorrhoid from taking garcinia cambogia
want to know if I can get Hemorrhoid from taking Garcinia Cambogia for weight Loss. Please I need to know.
- What drugs interact with tumeric? (2 answers)
I have heard that Tumeric has a wide variety of benefits but have not been able to determine if it also adversely interacts with other medications. I take 200 mg tablet daily and also take a number of RX for high blood pressure, gout, high cholesterol and high triglycerides
More questions for: Turmeric, Hemorrhoids
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties in both powered and capsule forms--(powdered form for approximately two to three weeks--one teaspoon twice daily; capsule form for approximately three or four days--one capsule twice daily.) On the day in question, I took one teaspoon of the powered form of turmeric with a late lunch and left off the capsule form. I jog/walk two or three miles intermittently and roughly twice a week. Into the second mile of a three mile jog/walk that night,I experienced an unusual weakness and fatigue, stopped after the second mile and pulse was over 200. I had sweated a lot and after resting a while, I walked the third mile back home and showered. I was unable to sleep. My heart was in atrial fibrillation which was diagnosed hours later at the local Medical Center ER. Heart rate was fluctuating in the 150-170 range and was brought down to 100-120 range with I.V. medication but stayed in that range. Exactly 11 hours after its beginning and with virtually no sleep for over 24 hours and after drinking only water but with very little food and no vitamin or Turmeric consumption, immediately after standing up for the third time in four or five hours to go to the bathroom, I suddenly converted back to a normal heart rate which is 60 to 70 beats a minute and was released from the medical center seven hours later. Plan to stop taking all forms of Turmeric.
- Healthy with myeloma
Diagnosed Feb 2010--Myeloma stage I. Now eat veggie with daily juicing and low carbs, plus supplements--B12, multi vitamins, folic acid, Turmeric, Holy Basil, Green Magma or other chlorophyll source. Sometimes Ganoderma mushrooms, cannabis juice, fresh noni juice (not fermented). I have no symptoms, no lifestyle change except diet.
More reviews for: Turmeric, Hemorrhoids
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- No heart issues for 20+ years after having cath ablation. Started taking a teaspoon of turmeric 2x day and after less than a week I was having severe arythemia. The only change in my habits was adding turmeric (which really helped the arthritis in my hands)
- Severe pain and feeling of bruising for two weeks and counting after intercourse. Feeling bruised to the touch throughout entire perineum area. Muscle pain. Hurts to sit, walk, lay on back, etc. Neuralgia type pains in perineum area.
- Hemorrhoids flare up constantly, frequent constipation, as well as rectal bleeding from said hemorrhoids. Bleedingnis bright red with red streaks on stool. Severe pain as well. Only happens while taking seroquel, stopping for 2 weeks alleviates problem.
- Thank you for your help. I have a lump under right rib that comes up when I lean over three times now and a knot in the back of my neck left side for six months now near my hairline about half an inch in size.
More related studies for: Turmeric, Hemorrhoids
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.