Review: could Turmeric cause Loose bowel movements (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Loose bowel movements is found among people who take Turmeric, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fish oil, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 145 people who have side effects while taking Turmeric from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Loose bowel movements. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose bowel movements and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Turmeric and have Loose bowel movements >>>
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from 178 Turmeric users)
Loose bowel movements
Loose bowel movements (weak bowel movement) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,352 Loose bowel movements patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 145 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric. Among them, 21 people (14.48%) have Loose Bowel Movements.
Time on Turmeric when people have Loose bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loose bowel movements||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loose bowel movements when taking Turmeric * :
|Loose bowel movements||68.42%||31.58% |
Age of people who have Loose bowel movements when taking Turmeric * :
|Loose bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||47.37%||52.63% |
Severity of Loose bowel movements when taking Turmeric ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose bowel movements||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loose bowel movements ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loose bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (7 people, 33.33%)
- Malignant melanoma (5 people, 23.81%)
- Breast cancer (3 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 4.76%)
- Preventive health care (1 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fish oil (13 people, 61.90%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 47.62%)
- Zometa (10 people, 47.62%)
- Vitamin d (9 people, 42.86%)
- Zoloft (9 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of turmeric and loose bowel movements on
Do you have Loose Bowel Movements while taking Turmeric?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Turmeric and have Loose Bowel Movements
- support group for people who take Turmeric
- support group for people who have Loose Bowel Movements
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 53-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Cyclogyl for a 52-year old woman with Eye Redness. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Ditropan, Macrodantin for a 62-year old woman with Paraplegia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Diarrhoea, Abdominal Cramps
Recent Turmeric related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of Curcumae Longa, Capecitabine for a 66-year old woman who has Colon Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Vitamin D, CoQ10, Curcumin, Fragmin, Letrozole for a 67-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Curcumin, Aspirin for a 58-year old man who has Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.