Review: could Turmeric cause Myalgia (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Myalgia is reported only by a few people who take Turmeric.
We study 145 people who have side effects while taking Turmeric from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Myalgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Myalgia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Turmeric and have Myalgia >>>
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from 178 Turmeric users)
Myalgia (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,540 Myalgia patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 145 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric. Among them, 4 people (2.76%) have Myalgia.
Time on Turmeric when people have Myalgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Myalgia when taking Turmeric * :
Age of people who have Myalgia when taking Turmeric * :
Severity of Myalgia when taking Turmeric ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Myalgia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Healthy living (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 25.00%)
- Stress (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cinnamon (2 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Papaya pineapple enzymes (1 people, 25.00%)
- Magnesium aspartate (1 people, 25.00%)
- Kelp (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Turmeric and myalgia on
Do you have Myalgia while taking Turmeric?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Turmeric and have Myalgia
- support group for people who take Turmeric
- support group for people who have Myalgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Clonazepam for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Recent Turmeric related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of Curcumae Longa, Capecitabine for a 66-year old woman who has Colon Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Vitamin D, CoQ10, Curcumin, Fragmin, Letrozole for a 67-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Curcumin, Aspirin for a 58-year old man who has Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.