Turmeric and Myalgia - from FDA reports
Myalgia is found among people who take Turmeric, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Vitamin D3, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Myalgia with Turmeric. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,052 people who have side effects when taking Turmeric from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
2,052 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric.
Among them, 40 people (1.95%) have Myalgia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Myalgia when taking Turmeric *:
- female: 70 %
- male: 30 %
Age of people who have Myalgia when taking Turmeric *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 27.78 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 44.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostatitis (5 people, 12.50%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (5 people, 12.50%)
- Preventive Health Care (3 people, 7.50%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 7.50%)
- Breast Cancer (3 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D3 (13 people, 32.50%)
- Fish Oil (12 people, 30.00%)
- Vitamin C (11 people, 27.50%)
- Coq10 (7 people, 17.50%)
- Calcium (7 people, 17.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (20 people, 50.00%)
- Fatigue (16 people, 40.00%)
- Paraesthesia (10 people, 25.00%)
- Pain In Extremity (10 people, 25.00%)
- Back Pain (10 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Myalgia when taking Turmeric?
- Check symptoms - is myalgia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMyalgia and drugs with ingredients of turmeric.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMyalgia and Turmeric from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Turmeric 2,200 users)
Myalgia (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 117,257 Myalgia patients).
Browse all side effects of Turmerica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with MyalgiaMyalgia
Could your condition cause MyalgiaMyalgia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
I am a 71 year old female, I have been taking a statin for over 5 years and started taking biotin about a year ago. I have severe pain in my right thigh for over 3 months now. My doctor took me off the statin a week ago, pain hasn't gotten any better. I am still taking biotin. I will stop ...
I want to start taking tumeric for my extreme joint pain, but I'm worried I might experience a dangerous drop in blood sugar since I also take metformin. Metformin has worked well for me, keeping my a1c at about 5.8. My joint pain is pretty bad and has been extremely painful lately. Does anyone ...
User reviews to the study
I was started on Xarelto 4 weeks ago and in the last two weeks I have noticed increase muscle pain! This is concerning because I already have fibromyalgia and I don't need something else to make me hurt even more!! For those of you that have been on it longer, did the muscle aches begin to ...
I have been taking tumeric capsules for about 2 months and I bought a new mattress. I can feel something moving inside the mattress. Everyone is saying it's all in my head, I know what I feel. Has anyone else experienced something like this?