Review: could Turmeric cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is reported only by a few people who take Turmeric.
We study 147 people who have side effects while taking Turmeric from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Turmeric and have Tinnitus >>>
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from 181 Turmeric users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 145 people reported to have side effects when taking Turmeric. Among them, 2 people (1.38%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Turmeric when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Turmeric * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Turmeric * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Turmeric ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Headache (1 people, 50.00%)
- Glaucoma (1 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 50.00%)
- Eye infection (1 people, 50.00%)
- Ibs (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paracetamol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Glutamic acid hcl (1 people, 50.00%)
- Timolol maleate (1 people, 50.00%)
- Bimatoprost (1 people, 50.00%)
- Adalat cc (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of turmeric and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Turmeric?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Turmeric and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Turmeric
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 32-year old woman with Lyme Disease. The patient has Tinnitus Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Depersonalisation, Dizziness, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
Recent Turmeric related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of Curcumae Longa, Capecitabine for a 66-year old woman who has Colon Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Vitamin D, CoQ10, Curcumin, Fragmin, Letrozole for a 67-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Metastatic
- Comparions of Curcumin, Aspirin for a 58-year old man who has Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.