Home > Tylenol w/ codeine > Stomach ulcer > Tylenol w/ codeine and Stomach ulcer
Review: could Tylenol w/ codeine cause Stomach ulcer (Gastric ulcer)?
Summary: Stomach ulcer is found among people who take Tylenol w/ codeine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have Pain.
We study 7,637 people who have side effects while taking Tylenol w/ codeine from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Stomach ulcer. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach ulcer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tylenol w/ codeine and have Stomach ulcer >>>
Tylenol w/ codeine
Tylenol w/ codeine (latest outcomes from 8,046 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain.
Stomach ulcer (stomach ulcer) (latest reports from 176,839 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 7,635 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol w/ codeine. Among them, 80 people (1.05%) have Stomach Ulcer.
Time on Tylenol w/ codeine when people have Stomach ulcer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach ulcer||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach ulcer when taking Tylenol w/ codeine * :
|Stomach ulcer||84.09%||15.91% |
Age of people who have Stomach ulcer when taking Tylenol w/ codeine * :
|Stomach ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||1.32%||0.00%||13.16%||7.89%||23.68%||53.95% |
Severity of Stomach ulcer when taking Tylenol w/ codeine ** :
How people recovered from Stomach ulcer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (19 people, 23.75%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 12.50%)
- Osteoarthritis (8 people, 10.00%)
- Glaucoma (8 people, 10.00%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (27 people, 33.75%)
- Lasix (24 people, 30.00%)
- Neurontin (23 people, 28.75%)
- Aspirin (22 people, 27.50%)
- Vicodin (21 people, 26.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Ulcer while taking Tylenol W/ Codeine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tylenol w/ codeine and have Stomach Ulcer
- support group for people who take Tylenol w/ codeine
- support group for people who have Stomach Ulcer
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Does tylenol slow down my ileostomy
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Iloestomy , and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I have an iloestomy and taking pain killers due back pain arthritis and fibro
- Caffeine, anhydrous and sodium benzoate injection?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Constant Low Spinal Fluid Headache, and takes Vicodin Es, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
A treatment has been prescribed but cannot be administered due to the decision by American Regent to not release their Caffeine and Sodium Benzoate Injection product (Caffeine, anhydrous (125 mg/mL) and Sodium benzoate (125 mg/mL)
2 mL single-dose vial). Does anyone take this via injection or IV, ...
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Hunger, Drowsiness, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season all ...
- Can u take metformin with stomach ulcer medication
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Stomach Ulcer, and takes Metformin)
I went to the doctors on friday cause i had an colonoscopy an they found out that o had 1 bleeding ulcers n 2 more stomach ulcer an they put me on 5 different medication an wanted to know if i can take my metformin with y stomach ulcer pills
More questions for: Tylenol w/ codeine, Stomach ulcer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Skin burn feeling and heart racing
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Ulcer, and takes Prilosec Otc)
On day 12 of taking the Prilosec I started to feel like I had a terrible sunburn on my arms and legs, it progressively got worse over the next 24 hrs and included intermittent extremely rapid heart rate.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Pulse increase with tylenol w/ codeine/caffeine no. 3
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Pulse Increase, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
Knee arthroscopic surgery at 2pm
Took one tablet with food at 2am that night (next morning actually) before going to bed.
Pulse increased to 88-92 after about 20-30 min (taken for 15 secs and multiplied)(taken a few times)
Possible interaction with chocolate milk???
Next morning at 8am pul ...
More reviews for: Tylenol w/ codeine, Stomach ulcer
- A study of drug interactions between Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, Pms. The patient has Reflux
Comments: I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if something hasn't been swallowed properly. THE LUMp is not present all the time but I am very aware of it when it's there.
- A study of side effects of Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a patient with Knee Pain. The patient has Skin - Yellow (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin), Skin Redness Or Inflammation (redness)
Comments: Just started last night after taking my dose of Xanax. I have also been taking Tylenol on a daily basis for 2 months.
- A study of drug interactions between Doxylamine Succinate, Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate, Oxazepam for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Migraine With Aura, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Wheezing, Throat - Sore, Sweating - Excessive
Comments: take all together .. wondering if doxylamine is safe to take in high doses?
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain. The patient has Diarrhea
Pain when going poop
Pain in legs and joints
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Prednisone, Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate, Cephalexin, Acyclovir for a patient with Skin Infection - Yeast, Shingles, Uti. The patient has Jaundice
Comments: Prescribed cephalexin for a uti a week ago and was misdiagnosed, had a reaction to that went to urgent care was diagnosed yesterday with shingles. Now I'm a little jaundice
More related studies for: Tylenol w/ codeine, Stomach ulcer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.