Review: could Tylenol cause Anxiety?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 52,929 people who take Tylenol. Among them, 2,822 have Anxiety. See who they are, when they have Anxiety and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Tylenol (latest outcomes from 55,538 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in acupuncture and pain, pain. Commonly reported side effects of Tylenol include nausea, nausea aggravated, nausea and vomiting, pain, fatigue.
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,276,383 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 50,866 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol. Among them, 2,799 people (5.50%) have Anxiety.
Time on Tylenol when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Tylenol * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Tylenol * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Tylenol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (501 people, 17.90%)
- Depression (228 people, 8.15%)
- Anxiety (202 people, 7.22%)
- Multiple myeloma (174 people, 6.22%)
- Arthritis (164 people, 5.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (755 people, 26.97%)
- Vioxx (678 people, 24.22%)
- Tylenol-500 (673 people, 24.04%)
- Aspirin (616 people, 22.01%)
- Aredia (600 people, 21.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Tylenol, Anxiety
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Tylenol (acetaminophen) is often used for acupuncture and pain. Find out below the conditions Tylenol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tylenol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Tylenol side effects from A to Z:
Browse Tylenol drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Previously using and recently withdrawn from the following medications: morphine (replaced by suboxone) moclobemide and duloxetine (replaced wita time of intense personal crisis and during an emotional breakdown. Some symptoms existed prior to change in medication, some are new and some have been worsening rapidly on a daily basis.
From this study (2 months ago):
Previously using and recently withdrawn from the following medications: morphine (replaced by suboxone) moclobemide and duloxetine (replaced with mirtazipine) and recently tapered off diazepam against will and against medical advice from GP in order to meet local suboxone prescribing regulations. All this occurred during a time of intense personal crisis and during an emotional breakdown. Some of the symptoms had been present prior to drug changes and some manifested afterward or while others seemingly became aggravated by the recent changes in (cessation of old and beginning of new) medication. In any case, many of the symptoms seem to be worsening rapidly on a daily basis.
From this study (5 months ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can you take ibuprofen for arthritis condition, i have multiple myeloma, i have had stem cell treatment and was clear for 5 years , paraproteins were raised but another stem cell treatment not viable
My consultant has told me Im not to use Ibuprofen as it may alter my blood results. I suffer with pain in my wrists, thighs, lower back. I just dont know who to turn to with this as the pain is 24hrs a day and I dont know what advice is the best!
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- Hydroxyzine and suboxone is it safe together?? almost at my 6 month mark of this pregnancy!
I'm almost 6 months pregnant. The doctor started me on 25mg of hydroxyzine 1 or 2 for anxiety and 1 or 2 at bed. I've just been taking 3 an hour or so before bed. Today he started me on 1 mg of Suboxone a day. Is my 3 an evening still going to be safe because it's helped tremendously with making up ...
More questions for: Tylenol, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Tylenol, Anxiety
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Nexium, Vitamin B1, Mirtazapine for a patient with Low Back Pain, Reflux Oesophagitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Emotional Distress, Sensitivity To Heat (Heat intolerance), Altered Visual Depth Perception, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear, Sensation Of Heaviness, General Physical Health Deterioration, Numbness And Tingling, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (Bruxism), Neck Tightness, Headache, Negative Thoughts, Thoughts - Cloudy (Confusion), Self Esteem Decreased, Sweating Increased, Nightmares, Loss Of Coordination (Movement - uncoordinated), Nausea, Impaired Memory (Memory loss), Impaired Self-care, Pelvic Discomfort, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Fear, Difficulty In Walking, Dyskinesia, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Photophobia Aggravated, Crying, Loss Of Libido, Apathy, Personal Withdrawal, Compulsive Lip Biting, Cognitive Deterioration, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Hair Loss, Neglect Of Personal Appearance, Depersonalisation, Derealisation, Dizziness, Tinnitus, Muscle Aches, Tachycardia, Palpitations (Heart palpitations), Withdrawal Syndrome, Dopesickness (Opiate withdrawal), Night Sweats, Suicidal Ideation, Emotional Distress, Depression, Fatigue Aggravated, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Muscle Cramps, Muscle Twitching, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Confusion, Chills, Tremor, Dystonia (Movement - uncontrolled or slow), Agitation
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Metoprolol Succinate, Vitamin D, Ambien, Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, Cymbalta for a patient with Hair Loss In Women, Hypertension, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, Depression - Major. The patient has Menstruation Irregular, Exercise Tolerance Decreased, Dry Mouth, Eyes - Dry (Dry eyes), Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Headache, Alopecia Universalis (Alopecia areata), Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Depression, Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (Restless leg syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Aleve, Tylenol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Benadryl, Multivitamin for a patient with Pain, Sleep, Pain, High Blood Pressure, Stuffy Sinus Congestion, General Health. The patient has Dizziness, Mood Changes, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Sleeplessness (Insomnia), Muscle And Joint Pain, Vision And Hearing Impairments
More related studies for: Tylenol, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.