Review: could Tylenol cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Tylenol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 53,036 people who have side effects while taking Tylenol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,366 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tylenol and have Back pain >>>
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tylenol 55,615 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(view latest reports from 105,943 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 53,036 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol. Among them, 2,366 people (4.46%) have Back Pain.
Time on Tylenol when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||39.13%||21.74%||2.17%||6.52%||19.57%||4.35%||6.52% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Tylenol * :
|Back pain||67.72%||32.28% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Tylenol * :
|Back pain||0.05%||0.09%||2.70%||5.17%||8.53%||16.40%||23.02%||44.04% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Tylenol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (271 people, 11.45%)
- Osteoporosis (228 people, 9.64%)
- Multiple myeloma (141 people, 5.96%)
- Back pain (113 people, 4.78%)
- Depression (91 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (520 people, 21.98%)
- Aspirin (470 people, 19.86%)
- Tylenol-500 (414 people, 17.50%)
- Aredia (392 people, 16.57%)
- Vioxx (356 people, 15.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Tylenol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tylenol and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Tylenol
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the doc yet of whether this is related to the thyroidectomy of the past.
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of what could be going on at this point, I am suspicious of the simvastatin affecting my liver but am not sure because of the long time I have been using it and not experiencing any problem until now
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the ringing in the ears. It's been about a week now and I just don't know what to do anymore. If it is the Zoloft then I can finally just stop taking it and make this stop. If anyone has an answer or knows what to do, PLEASE help. I'm at my wits end.
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay my bills.
After a long period of waiting to settle my workmens' comp. case, I returned home, from the Bat Area back to Arizona to take of my mother with a yet un dianosed case of moderate dementia.
Then, in 2011 I had a 2nd surgery to relieve spinal stenosis btwn. L2-L4, just above the fusion site.
I've been taking methadone since early 2004, a little over ten years, now. I've had high blood pressure since my injury.
Now, I waiting to be scheduled for a colonoscopy, with my father having had polyps and the way I've been feeling..drained, tired all the time, and stomach pains ( in addition to my chronic low back pain), I...
find myself wondering if there is any relationtionship between the methadone and other meds and cancer?
More questions for: Tylenol, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He looked like he had been scalded all over. The itching was unbearable so rang NHS helpline, they said to get antihistimnes in the morning and to stop the Naproxin. My partner started to hallucinate, he said he saw vivid colours, a vortex of bright colours and flowers, then he passed out in the bathroom and it took a while to bring him round. He insisted he was fine and just wanted to sleep. In the morning we went to the GP, got some antihistimines but by now his whole body was in a mess, his hands had swollen to 3 x normal size and he was having cold sweats. By now the weekend was here so when he took another turn for the worse, we had to go to an out of hours gp, he saw the photos I had taken of the welps and immediately prescribed very strong antihistimines to be taken x 4 daily, thankfully after the second day everything normalised, we are in day 3 now and my hope is that when he stops taking the meds, the hives will not return. Very worrying medication in my opinion and one that I will not have in the house again.
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincident with the rash, I have a persistent ache/pain in my lower forearm, wrist and hand that is responding weakly to Aleve and pretty much unresponsive to acetaminophen.
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die (1 response)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hurt anymore and be so scared to leave my house or sleep. I just want to sleep forever.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Penicillin vk induced drowsiness
I have been taking Penicillin VK and Acetaminophen for a severe pain I had been feeling in my ear. It's been 48 hours since I started taking them. Within the first 24 hours the pain had calmed down and I was feeling normal. However, since day 2 started, I have been feeling really drowsy. I keep falling asleep with no reason or desire to sleep. I just wanted to put this side effect out there for anyone else who might be feeling the same.
I am a male, 28years old, athletic build, 6 foot.
More reviews for: Tylenol, Back pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- living in Thailand in the rainy season, also known to have dengue fever on the island. I have had a fever muscle aches and pains, headaches, head cold, runny stomach, nausea, loss of appetite and now four days later sever pain in my kidneys... Very painful to walk stand or sit.
- Doctors stated that the rash is benign but it has been itchy for over 5 days. Pains subsided after 2 days of taking the Panadeine F. I suspect that I may have been allergic to some ingredient in the panadeine as my eyes would itch and water a few minutes after taking the tablet. I have not treat the ...
- Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
More related studies for: Tylenol, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.