Review: could Tylenol cause Eye swelling?
Summary: Eye swelling is found among people who take Tylenol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Concentrated tylenol infant drops, and have Pain.
We study 53,059 people who have side effects while taking Tylenol from FDA and social media. Among them, 168 have Eye swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tylenol and have Eye swelling >>>
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 55,639 Tylenol users)
Eye swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 9,120 Eye swelling patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 53,059 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol. Among them, 168 people (0.32%) have Eye Swelling.
Time on Tylenol when people have Eye swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye swelling||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Eye swelling when taking Tylenol * :
|Eye swelling||70.94%||29.06% |
Age of people who have Eye swelling when taking Tylenol * :
|Eye swelling||16.04%||13.68%||3.77%||8.49%||12.74%||19.34%||5.66%||20.28% |
Severity of Eye swelling when taking Tylenol ** :
How people recovered from Eye swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (48 people, 28.57%)
- Cough (36 people, 21.43%)
- Rhinorrhoea (32 people, 19.05%)
- Pyrexia (23 people, 13.69%)
- Headache (20 people, 11.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Concentrated tylenol infant drops (33 people, 19.64%)
- Prednisone (27 people, 16.07%)
- Benadryl (27 people, 16.07%)
- Extra strength tylenol (24 people, 14.29%)
- Tylenol-500 (22 people, 13.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tylenol and eye swelling on
Do you have Eye Swelling while taking Tylenol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tylenol and have Eye Swelling
- support group for people who take Tylenol
- support group for people who have Eye Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Paracetamol for a 22-year old man with Amoxicillin. The patient has Blood Urine
- A study of side effects of Paracetamol for a 54-year old man with Inguinal Hernia. The patient has Rectal Bleeding (bleeding from rectum)
- A study of side effects of Paracetamol for a 25-year old woman with Headache. The patient has Stomach Pain, Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples), Headache (pain in head)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Chloride, Tylenol, Magnesium Glycinate, Flaxseed Oil, Zyrtec, Flonase, Prilosec, Restasis, Synthroid, Valium for a 59-year old woman with Enzyme Supplementation, Neck Pain, Migraine Without Aura, Dry Eye, Nasal Congestion, Gastric Ph Decreased, Thyroidectomy, Vertigo. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Valproate Sodium, Omeprazole, Ferrous Fumarate, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Lithium Carbonate, Aspirin, Clozapine for a 42-year old woman with Headache, Mood Stabilizer, Acid Reflux, Anaemia, Hypertension, Blood Thinner, Schizophrenia. The patient has Aortic Regurgitation, Skitzopheniaauditory Halucinations Of A Comanding Nature
Recent Tylenol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aleve, Zorvolex, Tylenol for a 67-year old man who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Acephen, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Lisinopril for a 60-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve for a 67-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Acetaminophen, Metformin, Aspirin for a 69-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Paracetamol for a 41-year old man who has Diarrhoea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.