Tylenol and Eye swelling - from FDA reports
Eye swelling is found among people who take Tylenol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Eye swelling with Tylenol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 90,508 people who have side effects when taking Tylenol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
90,508 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol.
Among them, 281 people (0.31%) have Eye swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tylenol when people have Eye swelling *:
- < 1 month: 94.12 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5.88 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eye swelling when taking Tylenol *:
- female: 68.61 %
- male: 31.39 %
Age of people who have Eye swelling when taking Tylenol *:
- 0-1: 3.0 %
- 2-9: 9.01 %
- 10-19: 5.58 %
- 20-29: 6.01 %
- 30-39: 15.02 %
- 40-49: 14.16 %
- 50-59: 13.3 %
- 60+: 33.91 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (24 people, 8.54%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (17 people, 6.05%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (16 people, 5.69%)
- Sleep Disorder (14 people, 4.98%)
- Fever (14 people, 4.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benadryl (54 people, 19.22%)
- Prednisone (32 people, 11.39%)
- Synthroid (26 people, 9.25%)
- Oxycontin (23 people, 8.19%)
- Ambien (23 people, 8.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Swelling Face (66 people, 23.49%)
- Fatigue (65 people, 23.13%)
- Rashes (58 people, 20.64%)
- Dizziness (57 people, 20.28%)
- Breathing Difficulty (57 people, 20.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Eye swelling when taking Tylenol?
- Check symptoms - is eye swelling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEye swelling and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEye swelling and Tylenol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tylenol 94,112 users)
Eye swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 18,137 Eye swelling patients).
Browse all side effects of Tylenola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Eye swellingEye swelling
Could your condition cause Eye swellingEye swelling
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was diagnosedwith the ankylosing spondylitis gene ( forget the code ) at age 41 and had alot of wear in hips and back but no fusion as of now. They were eager to put me on humira and said i was a perfect candidate but i resisted because they said if your planning to get wife prgnant not to ...
had a heart-attack in may with atrial flutter, heart rate was brought under control with medicine. for aid in falling asleep, i was told to take benadryl. i developed eye floaters, and was diagnosed with vitreous detachment. i quit taking the benadryl and everything cleared up. anyone know ...
User reviews to the study
I have always suffered from headaches. I had colitis so I was limited to taking Tylenol. the last year or so my headaches have gotten worse so I increased the Tylenol. my potassium readings are going up. 2 different doctors dispute the fact that Tylenol can raise your potassium. I am at my ...
I can't take nsaids or asprine as I have afib. My cardio told me to take Tylenol, but my heart skips a strong beat when I take Tylenol even if I drink a lot of water with it ..does this happen to anyone else?