Tylenol and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people who take Tylenol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Gout with Tylenol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 90,508 people who have side effects when taking Tylenol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
90,508 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol.
Among them, 289 people (0.32%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tylenol when people have Gout *:
- < 1 month: 44.44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.11 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 11.11 %
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Tylenol *:
- female: 44.29 %
- male: 55.71 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Tylenol *:
- 0-1: 0.45 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.34 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.68 %
- 40-49: 4.02 %
- 50-59: 11.61 %
- 60+: 79.91 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (39 people, 13.49%)
- Multiple Myeloma (26 people, 9.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (25 people, 8.65%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (15 people, 5.19%)
- Cardiac Disorder (12 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (76 people, 26.30%)
- Vioxx (72 people, 24.91%)
- Coumadin (50 people, 17.30%)
- Aspirin (48 people, 16.61%)
- Plavix (41 people, 14.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (76 people, 26.30%)
- Chest Pain (75 people, 25.95%)
- Diarrhea (67 people, 23.18%)
- Breathing Difficulty (65 people, 22.49%)
- Heart Attack (59 people, 20.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout when taking Tylenol?
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tylenol 90,823 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, gout, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 24,782 Gout patients).