Tylenol and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people who take Tylenol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Gout with Tylenol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 90,508 people who have side effects when taking Tylenol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
90,508 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol.
Among them, 289 people (0.32%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tylenol when people have Gout *:
- < 1 month: 44.44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.11 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 11.11 %
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Tylenol *:
- female: 44.29 %
- male: 55.71 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Tylenol *:
- 0-1: 0.45 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.34 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.68 %
- 40-49: 4.02 %
- 50-59: 11.61 %
- 60+: 79.91 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (39 people, 13.49%)
- Multiple Myeloma (26 people, 9.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (25 people, 8.65%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (15 people, 5.19%)
- Cardiac Disorder (12 people, 4.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (76 people, 26.30%)
- Vioxx (72 people, 24.91%)
- Coumadin (50 people, 17.30%)
- Aspirin (48 people, 16.61%)
- Plavix (41 people, 14.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (78 people, 26.99%)
- High Blood Pressure (76 people, 26.30%)
- Chest Pain (75 people, 25.95%)
- Diarrhea (67 people, 23.18%)
- Breathing Difficulty (65 people, 22.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gout when taking Tylenol?
- Check symptoms - is gout caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGout and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGout and Tylenol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tylenol 94,112 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, gout, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,563 Gout patients).
Browse all side effects of Tylenola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GoutGout
Could your condition cause GoutGout
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
I was diagnosedwith the ankylosing spondylitis gene ( forget the code ) at age 41 and had alot of wear in hips and back but no fusion as of now. They were eager to put me on humira and said i was a perfect candidate but i resisted because they said if your planning to get wife prgnant not to ...
User reviews to the study
I have always suffered from headaches. I had colitis so I was limited to taking Tylenol. the last year or so my headaches have gotten worse so I increased the Tylenol. my potassium readings are going up. 2 different doctors dispute the fact that Tylenol can raise your potassium. I am at my ...
Hi, new to this. Third cardioversion, and they put me on xeralto. within a month, terrible pain in my right ankle. Like a sword run through it and still in it. I had previoiusly cut out meat, I don't drink. I lost 10 pounds quickly to stave off another afib. I hadn't been drinking much ...
Age 80 Have taken Xarelto for 6 months for AFIB. About a month ago, began with gout attacks left big to then right big toe... three days. Break of a week between. Now a continued attack that hasn't let up for six days. No change in usual healthy diet. No alcohol, nominal amts red meats and ...