Tylenol and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Tylenol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Tylenol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 90,508 people who have side effects when taking Tylenol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
90,508 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol.
Among them, 2,433 people (2.69%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tylenol when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 83.93 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.93 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.89 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Tylenol *:
- female: 70.8 %
- male: 29.2 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Tylenol *:
- 0-1: 0.31 %
- 2-9: 2.13 %
- 10-19: 2.34 %
- 20-29: 4.1 %
- 30-39: 10.49 %
- 40-49: 13.34 %
- 50-59: 19.26 %
- 60+: 48.03 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (176 people, 7.23%)
- High Blood Pressure (134 people, 5.51%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (108 people, 4.44%)
- Crohn's Disease (96 people, 3.95%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (91 people, 3.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benadryl (425 people, 17.47%)
- Remicade (178 people, 7.32%)
- Synthroid (165 people, 6.78%)
- Prilosec (164 people, 6.74%)
- Prednisone (157 people, 6.45%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (801 people, 32.92%)
- Fatigue (450 people, 18.50%)
- Nausea (435 people, 17.88%)
- Breathing Difficulty (331 people, 13.60%)
- Weakness (313 people, 12.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching when taking Tylenol?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Tylenol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tylenol 94,112 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 165,432 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Tylenola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
User reviews to the study
I have always suffered from headaches. I had colitis so I was limited to taking Tylenol. the last year or so my headaches have gotten worse so I increased the Tylenol. my potassium readings are going up. 2 different doctors dispute the fact that Tylenol can raise your potassium. I am at my ...
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...