Review: could Tylenol cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Tylenol, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Depression.
We study 53,063 people who have side effects while taking Tylenol from FDA and social media. Among them, 434 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tylenol and have Suicide attempt >>>
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 55,642 Tylenol users)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 32,157 Suicide attempt patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 53,059 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol. Among them, 434 people (0.82%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Tylenol when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||92.75%||1.45%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||1.45%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Tylenol * :
|Suicide attempt||70.76%||29.24% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Tylenol * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.25%||30.75%||20.50%||19.25%||16.00%||8.50%||4.75% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Tylenol ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (78 people, 17.97%)
- Suicide attempt (53 people, 12.21%)
- Pain (42 people, 9.68%)
- Anxiety (29 people, 6.68%)
- Bipolar disorder (24 people, 5.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (60 people, 13.82%)
- Paxil (58 people, 13.36%)
- Xanax (50 people, 11.52%)
- Prozac (49 people, 11.29%)
- Ativan (46 people, 10.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Tylenol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tylenol and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Tylenol
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Iodine, Acetaminophen, Amoxicillin for a 58-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Throat - Sore, Strep Throat. The patient has Red Eye
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Excedrin, Sumatriptan, Lamictal, Depakote Er, Lexapro for a 62-year old woman with Frequent Headaches, Migraine - Classic, Seizure Disorder, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Horner Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Augmentin, Sertraline, Gabapentin for a 30-year old man with Pharyngitis, Pharyngitis Bacterial, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Sudden Death
Recent Tylenol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Voltaren, Tylenol for a 94-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Aleve, Zorvolex, Tylenol for a 67-year old man who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Acephen, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Lisinopril for a 60-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve for a 67-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Acetaminophen, Metformin, Aspirin for a 69-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.