Could Tylenol cause Tachycardia - from FDA reports
Tachycardia is found among people who take Tylenol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have Pain . We study 67,345 people who have side effects while taking Tylenol from FDA. Among them, 1,359 have Tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tachycardia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tylenol 84,708 users)
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,430 Tachycardia patients).
On Nov, 17, 2016
67,345 people reported to have side effects when taking Tylenol.
Among them, 1,359 people (2.02%) have Tachycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tylenol when people have Tachycardia *:
- < 1 month: 55.32 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.64 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.38 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.51 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.89 %
- 10+ years: 4.26 %
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Tylenol *:
- female: 57.6 %
- male: 42.4 %
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Tylenol *:
- 0-1: 1.86 %
- 2-9: 2.33 %
- 10-19: 2.7 %
- 20-29: 5.58 %
- 30-39: 7.81 %
- 40-49: 12.84 %
- 50-59: 19.16 %
- 60+: 47.63 %
Severity of Tachycardia **:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 66.67 %
- severe: 33.33 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (245 people, 18.03%)
- Lasix (206 people, 15.16%)
- Benadryl (200 people, 14.72%)
- Aspirin (160 people, 11.77%)
- Coumadin (159 people, 11.70%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Tylenol, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- High Blood Pressure (92 people, 6.77%)
- Depression (85 people, 6.25%)
- Multiple Myeloma (72 people, 5.30%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Breathing Difficulty (391 people, 28.77%)
- High Blood Pressure (346 people, 25.46%)
- Chest Pain (326 people, 23.99%)
- Hypotension (311 people, 22.88%)
- Nausea (299 people, 22.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tachycardia when taking Tylenol?
- Check symptoms - is tachycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Tylenola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with TachycardiaTachycardia
Could your condition cause TachycardiaTachycardia
Can you answer these questions?
I was diagnosedwith the ankylosing spondylitis gene ( forget the code ) at age 41 and had alot of wear in hips and back but no fusion as of now. They were eager to put me on humira and said i was a perfect candidate but i resisted because they said if your planning to get wife prgnant not to ...
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
My daughter took an overdose of Seroquel and Celexa almost a year ago. Later that day she had her first episode of arrhythmia. She has not taken seroquel since that day but the arrhythmia has not been corrected. She has been seeing a cardiologist who says this cannot be fixed. But the ...
Have been taking Atenolol for very high blood pressure and Arrythmia for 2 1/2 weeks, I have been feeling really tired, no motivation to do anything and lightheaded/dizzy, could this be because of the Atenolol?
You may be interested in these reviews
This election will set the path to dramatically improve or further destroy our health system. ObamaCare has taken an already a disastrous system and made it much worse. The US has been rated #38 in healthcare where France is rated #1. Millions of Americans travel to France when they want a ...
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...