Review: could Tysabri cause Dental caries?
Summary: Dental caries is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 97,549 people who have side effects while taking Tysabri from FDA and social media. Among them, 89 have Dental caries. Find out below who they are, when they have Dental caries and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tysabri and have Dental caries >>>
Tysabri has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from 97,689 Tysabri users)
Dental caries has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, metastases to bone, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 8,347 Dental caries patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 97,549 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri. Among them, 89 people (0.09%) have Dental Caries.
Time on Tysabri when people have Dental caries * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dental caries||4.55%||9.09%||31.82%||22.73%||22.73%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dental caries when taking Tysabri * :
|Dental caries||84.54%||15.46% |
Age of people who have Dental caries when taking Tysabri * :
|Dental caries||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.57%||11.90%||25.00%||48.81%||10.71% |
Severity of Dental caries when taking Tysabri ** :
How people recovered from Dental caries ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (89 people, 100.00%)
- Convulsion (8 people, 8.99%)
- Dyskinesia (6 people, 6.74%)
- Arthralgia (3 people, 3.37%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (3 people, 3.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (15 people, 16.85%)
- Klonopin (6 people, 6.74%)
- Wellbutrin (3 people, 3.37%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 3.37%)
- Vimpat (3 people, 3.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tysabri and dental caries on
Do you have Dental Caries while taking Tysabri?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Tysabri and have Dental Caries
- support group for people who take Tysabri
- support group for people who have Dental Caries
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Tysabri related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tecfidera, Copaxone, Tysabri for a 56-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Tysabri, Tecfidera, Gilenya, Avonex for a 36-year old woman who has RRMS
- Comparions of Vesicare, Ampyra, Zocor, Tysabri, Baclofen for a 45-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Tysabri, Gilenya for a 48-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Tysabri, Copaxone for a 44-year old woman who has MS
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.