Home > Tysabri > Dental caries > Tysabri and Dental caries
Review: could Tysabri cause Dental caries?
Summary: Dental caries is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 97,540 people who have side effects while taking Tysabri from FDA and social media. Among them, 89 have Dental caries. Find out below who they are, when they have Dental caries and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tysabri and have Dental caries >>>
Tysabri (latest outcomes from 97,678 users) has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis.
Dental caries (latest reports from 8,346 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, metastases to bone, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 97,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri. Among them, 89 people (0.09%) have Dental Caries.
Time on Tysabri when people have Dental caries * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dental caries||4.55%||9.09%||31.82%||22.73%||22.73%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dental caries when taking Tysabri * :
|Dental caries||84.54%||15.46% |
Age of people who have Dental caries when taking Tysabri * :
|Dental caries||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.57%||11.90%||25.00%||48.81%||10.71% |
Severity of Dental caries when taking Tysabri ** :
How people recovered from Dental caries ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (89 people, 100.00%)
- Convulsion (8 people, 8.99%)
- Dyskinesia (6 people, 6.74%)
- Arthralgia (3 people, 3.37%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (3 people, 3.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (15 people, 16.85%)
- Klonopin (6 people, 6.74%)
- Wellbutrin (3 people, 3.37%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 3.37%)
- Vimpat (3 people, 3.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dental Caries while taking Tysabri?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tysabri and have Dental Caries
- support group for people who take Tysabri
- support group for people who have Dental Caries
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How do you justify the seemingly wild and alarming claim that 2,583 out of 90,294 people using tysabri get pml? this is far fetched according to fda reports.
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has MS, and takes Tysabri)
Wild and alarming figures about getting PML from Tysabri. The numbers given are vastly greater than those of any other reporting site. Is reporting from social media sites reputable, in this case?
- Are ms patients more likely to have gall stones
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has MS, and takes Tysabri)
I always have had stomach issues but since I was diagnosed and started different ms treatments they have worsened . Is it the meds or the ms? My doctor says tysabri doesn't cause nausea and yet the first couple of days after infusion I am nauseous . I also have bouts of diarrhea , I getting exhauste ...
- My appendix was removed during a c-section when i was 24. i was diagnosed with ms at the age of 37. could there be any correlation between these events?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, and takes Avonex, Betaseron, Rebif, Dexamethasone, Ampyra, Novantrone, Tysabri, Baclofen, Ibuprofen, Provigil, Benadryl, Tylenol, Claritin)
More questions for: Tysabri, Dental caries
More reviews for: Tysabri, Dental caries
- A study of side effects of Tysabri for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has
Comments: I have been on Tysabri continuously for five years. I also tested positive for the JC Virus. My doctor changed my dosing schedule to every six weeks. May was the first month of the new schedule and within two days from the skipped four week dosing, widespread joint pain started and has persisted sin ...
- A study of side effects of Tysabri for a patient with Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Bone Pain
Comments: I've had two infusions, after the first one I had a bad headache that was treatable. After the second infusion my body started to ache within hours, about 10 days later I was in bed being told I have the flu. Five days later I am still hurting with the tiredness being intermitten. Spoke to my Neurol ...
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Tysabri for a patient with Cold Symptoms, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Dilaudid, Aortic Surgery
Comments: I recently went to have Right knee replacement surgery and did not recover well from the anesthesia. I had severe difficulty breathing and low urine output as well as induced CHF from IV fluid challenge to attempt to raise BP. Some of the meds that are specifically administered on a very strict sche ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Tysabri, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Topiramate, Mirapex for a patient with Gerd, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Migraine Prophylaxis. The patient has Dental Cavities
Comments: Prior to starting this course of prescription medication (particularly gabapentin and Tysabri) I had excellent oral hygiene and excellent dental results to go along with those hygiene habits. In the past few years I have had an alarming increase in the rate of cavities and oral decay, despite my ora ...
- A study of side effects of Tysabri for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Hair Loss, Bladder Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: I have been on the Tysabri since June, 2011. I have not seen any physical change in my side effects from my MS, the only positive would be on my last MRI there were no new lesions. The hair loss has started in the past 3-4 months, at first I thought it was seasonal, but after the season change it ...
More related studies for: Tysabri, Dental caries
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.