Review: could Tysabri cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 97,547 people who have side effects while taking Tysabri from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,468 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tysabri and have Diarrhea >>>
Tysabri has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from 97,688 Tysabri users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,351 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 97,547 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri. Among them, 1,468 people (1.50%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Tysabri when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Tysabri * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Tysabri * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Tysabri ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (1,468 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (47 people, 3.20%)
- Crohn's disease (35 people, 2.38%)
- Depression (23 people, 1.57%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (20 people, 1.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (200 people, 13.62%)
- Baclofen (48 people, 3.27%)
- Vitamin d (31 people, 2.11%)
- Neurontin (28 people, 1.91%)
- Solu-medrol (20 people, 1.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tysabri and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Tysabri?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tysabri and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Tysabri
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of side effects of Tysabri for a 47-year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Bunions (a painful swelling on the first joint of the big toe)
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Zorvolex, Humira for a 42-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea, Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Recent Tysabri related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tysabri, Tecfidera, Gilenya, Avonex for a 36-year old woman who has RRMS
- Comparions of Vesicare, Ampyra, Zocor, Tysabri, Baclofen for a 45-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Tysabri, Gilenya for a 48-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Tysabri, Copaxone for a 44-year old woman who has MS
- Comparions of Lyrica, Tysabri for a 27-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.