Review: could Tysabri cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 97,547 people who have side effects while taking Tysabri from FDA and social media. Among them, 270 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Tysabri and have Mood swings >>>
Tysabri has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from 97,688 Tysabri users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 24,771 Mood swings patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 97,547 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri. Among them, 270 people (0.28%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Tysabri when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||7.06%||25.88%||17.65%||30.59%||18.82%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Tysabri * :
|Mood swings||68.14%||31.86% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Tysabri * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||1.74%||15.97%||15.97%||35.07%||27.78%||3.47% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Tysabri ** :
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (270 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (12 people, 4.44%)
- Depression (12 people, 4.44%)
- Muscle spasms (11 people, 4.07%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (10 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (56 people, 20.74%)
- Gabapentin (13 people, 4.81%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 2.96%)
- Rebif (8 people, 2.96%)
- Baclofen (7 people, 2.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of tysabri and mood swings on
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Tysabri?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Tysabri and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Tysabri
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Tysabri for a 47-year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Bunions (a painful swelling on the first joint of the big toe)
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 47-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood)
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a 28-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Change In Appetite, Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood), Change In Mentrual Cycle, Headache (pain in head), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Gabapentin for a 26-year old man with Initial Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Chest Pain, Confusion, Fear, Irritability, Mood Swings, Paranoia, Electric Shock
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-provera, Vitex for a 23-year old woman with PCOS. The patient has Discharge From The Vagina, Mood Swings, Backache, Stools Watery, Headache
Recent Tysabri related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tysabri, Tecfidera, Gilenya, Avonex for a 36-year old woman who has RRMS
- Comparions of Vesicare, Ampyra, Zocor, Tysabri, Baclofen for a 45-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Tysabri, Gilenya for a 48-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Tysabri, Copaxone for a 44-year old woman who has MS
- Comparions of Lyrica, Tysabri for a 27-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.