Review: could Tysabri cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 97,540 people who have side effects while taking Tysabri from FDA and social media. Among them, 270 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tysabri and have Mood swings >>>
Tysabri has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Tysabri 97,681 users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Mood swings 24,705 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 97,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri. Among them, 270 people (0.28%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Tysabri when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||7.06%||25.88%||17.65%||30.59%||18.82%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Tysabri * :
|Mood swings||68.14%||31.86% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Tysabri * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||1.74%||15.97%||15.97%||35.07%||27.78%||3.47% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Tysabri ** :
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (270 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (12 people, 4.44%)
- Depression (12 people, 4.44%)
- Muscle spasms (11 people, 4.07%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (10 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (56 people, 20.74%)
- Gabapentin (13 people, 4.81%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 2.96%)
- Rebif (8 people, 2.96%)
- Baclofen (7 people, 2.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Tysabri?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tysabri and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Tysabri
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How do you justify the seemingly wild and alarming claim that 2,583 out of 90,294 people using tysabri get pml? this is far fetched according to fda reports.
Wild and alarming figures about getting PML from Tysabri. The numbers given are vastly greater than those of any other reporting site. Is reporting from social media sites reputable, in this case?
- My wife of 14 years is seeing people following her. also i cant leave my home without being accused of multiple women
my wife thinks people are following her. she also thinks when i go to work i'm seeing a woman. if i sit at home i'm going to the neighbors and seeing a woman. i cannot leave my home or go to work without her accusing me.
- Has it been determined if any of these people with ideations actually completed suicide.
This information is about my late husband. He was only on Wellbutrin 5 months, but I believe it is why he completed suicide. Has anyone loss someone while being on this medication?
- Are ms patients more likely to have gall stones
I always have had stomach issues but since I was diagnosed and started different ms treatments they have worsened . Is it the meds or the ms? My doctor says tysabri doesn't cause nausea and yet the first couple of days after infusion I am nauseous . I also have bouts of diarrhea , I getting exhausted and little scared.
- Will i gain weight taking 300 mg wellbutrin, 60mg of adderall, and 300mg of lamictal?
Hi, I take 300 mg of lamictal, 60 mg of adderall, and 1/2 -2 mg of klonopin a day. My Dr just added 300 mg of wellbutrin to the mix. My body is so prone to weight gain on many medications and I'm concerned that adding the wellbutrin may do this. When he I.creased my dose of lamictal 2 months ago, I began losing weight. Approximately 25 lbs as of now. It was much needed. I am 5'6" and now weigh 155 lbs which is great for me. However, I'm worried that adding another med may cause me to gain. Any advice please?
More questions for: Tysabri, Mood swings
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My face had cysts and I was breaking out like I was going through puberty-I'm 33! I was having pain in my breast bone where the cartilage meets the sternum. I am talking about serious pain! It felt like I had slept on my side for hours with a boulder on me. I would never recommend this birth control to anyone. If you are taking it and feeling these symptoms, talk to your doctor about switching birth control immediately!
More reviews for: Tysabri, Mood swings
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been taking this medication prescribed by my doctor and I noticed after 2 weeks I am having mood swings... yelling at my family for no reason which is not normal for me. Short tempered and just impatient in general.
- I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety, ...
- I've always had mood swings and have suffered with depression throughout my life. Recently I started taking Benadryl at night to help with allergies. I found that it helped me sleep better also. I'm not sure if I'm just noticing that I may have a mood disorder that's always been there or if it is ca ...
- Seizures began 2 years after a MVA with a mild concussion, as Grand Mal. They reduced in severity to absence seizures with current medication regimen. I experience severe mood swings and have become so agitated I was committed to a mental health facility for evaluation at one time. Recently I awoke ...
- I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
More related studies for: Tysabri, Mood swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.