Home > Tysabri > Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy > Tysabri and Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
Review: could Tysabri cause Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy?
We study 97,537 people who have side effects while taking Tysabri from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,943 have Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Tysabri and have Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy >>>
Tysabri (latest outcomes from 97,677 users) has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis.
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (rapidly progressive neuromuscular disease caused by opportunistic infection of brain cells) (latest reports from 23,885 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, rheumatoid arthritis, non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 97,534 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri. Among them, 2,943 people (3.02%) have Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy.
Time on Tysabri when people have Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy||2.76%||3.48%||4.88%||15.32%||68.96%||4.56%||0.04% |
Gender of people who have Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy when taking Tysabri * :
|Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy||68.23%||31.77% |
Age of people who have Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy when taking Tysabri * :
|Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy||0.00%||0.00%||0.74%||6.41%||23.34%||37.93%||21.97%||9.62% |
Severity of Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy when taking Tysabri ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (2,186 people, 74.28%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (638 people, 21.68%)
- Depression (180 people, 6.12%)
- Muscle spasticity (146 people, 4.96%)
- Fatigue (99 people, 3.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (213 people, 7.24%)
- Vitamin d (146 people, 4.96%)
- Lyrica (108 people, 3.67%)
- Provigil (103 people, 3.50%)
- Zanaflex (100 people, 3.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy while taking Tysabri?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Tysabri and have Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy
- group for people who take Tysabri
- group for people who have Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I am asking if the cause is from tysabri
From this study (3 months ago):
have been having severe back pain on lower spine right above tail bone
Linda on Jun, 9, 2014:
I reread your symptoms. It is primarily low back pain. It could be osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, possibly a slipped disc. I take back that it might be hemorrhoids as it sounds too far up. Definitely have it checked out.
Linda on Jun, 9, 2014:
Did you fall on coccyx ( tailbone ) ? I had similar symptoms and was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis, an autoimmune disease that affects the spine by coursing inflammation particularly in the sacral iliac joints which are located in your buttock. The pain can radiate to your back and mine sometimes goes to my hips, pelvis and sometimes down to my knee. I am a 52 year old female from their US. If you fell, you could have broken your coccyx, and that could take up to a year to feel better, ask your MD. Could be hemorrhoids, a polyp or mass and your rectum. You should definitely get it checked out.
From this study (3 months ago):
Started 7 / 17 2007. After 46 infusions stopped 3. /. 2011
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Tysabri, Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
More reviews for: Tysabri, Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
On eHealthMe, Tysabri (natalizumab) is often used for multiple sclerosis. Find out below the conditions Tysabri is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Tysabri used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Phlebitis Superficial
- Bed Wetting
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased