Review: could Tysabri cause Pulmonary embolism?
Summary: Pulmonary embolism is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Baclofen, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 97,540 people who have side effects while taking Tysabri from FDA and social media. Among them, 399 have Pulmonary embolism. Find out below who they are, when they have Pulmonary embolism and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tysabri and have Pulmonary embolism >>>
Tysabri has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Tysabri 97,681 users)
Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, high blood pressure, premenstrual syndrome, acne.(latest reports from Pulmonary Embolism 61,146 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 97,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri. Among them, 399 people (0.41%) have Pulmonary Embolism.
Time on Tysabri when people have Pulmonary embolism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pulmonary embolism||11.05%||31.40%||13.37%||20.35%||23.84%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Pulmonary embolism when taking Tysabri * :
|Pulmonary embolism||71.30%||28.70% |
Age of people who have Pulmonary embolism when taking Tysabri * :
|Pulmonary embolism||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.27%||17.79%||35.09%||28.32%||9.52% |
Severity of Pulmonary embolism when taking Tysabri ** :
How people recovered from Pulmonary embolism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (340 people, 85.21%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (56 people, 14.04%)
- Pain (17 people, 4.26%)
- Crohn's disease (16 people, 4.01%)
- Depression (14 people, 3.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (57 people, 14.29%)
- Avonex (40 people, 10.03%)
- Provigil (20 people, 5.01%)
- Lyrica (18 people, 4.51%)
- Gabapentin (17 people, 4.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pulmonary Embolism while taking Tysabri?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tysabri and have Pulmonary Embolism
- support group for people who take Tysabri
- support group for people who have Pulmonary Embolism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- I'm 19 and take mono linyah birth control pill doctors just found 3 blood clots in my right lung on 6-28-14 i was wondering if the birth control caused it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Mono-linyah)
We'll I'm 19 years old and Saturday morning my alarm clock went off at 4 because my boyfriend had to wake up for work we'll as he was getting ready I started having chest pain and I told him. He ended up leaving for work and it got so bad I called his granny and told her I thought I was having a hea ...
- How do you justify the seemingly wild and alarming claim that 2,583 out of 90,294 people using tysabri get pml? this is far fetched according to fda reports.
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has MS, and takes Tysabri)
Wild and alarming figures about getting PML from Tysabri. The numbers given are vastly greater than those of any other reporting site. Is reporting from social media sites reputable, in this case?
- Will the anxiety and panic attacks go when i stop heparin?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Heparin Sodium)
I have changed from warfarin to Heparin and some of the previous side effects from warfarin have gone. Unfortunately the anxiety, stress and panic attacks still remain while I'm on Heparin. Does anyone have the same problems?
- Are ms patients more likely to have gall stones
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has MS, and takes Tysabri)
I always have had stomach issues but since I was diagnosed and started different ms treatments they have worsened . Is it the meds or the ms? My doctor says tysabri doesn't cause nausea and yet the first couple of days after infusion I am nauseous . I also have bouts of diarrhea , I getting exhauste ...
More questions for: Tysabri, Pulmonary embolism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Mirena)
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
- Pulmonary embolism caused by octagam
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Gamophen)
I was seen in the ED and diagnosed with severe allergic reaction. Three weeks later the true diagnosis, pulmonary emboli, was made. The PE's were cause by an IVIG product Octagam (it isn't listed in the drop down list so I put Gamophen instead) that had been previously recalled for causing pulmona ...
- Rigors with pulmonary embolism (2 responses)
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism)
I was recently diagnosed with DVT in my right lower leg and pulmonary embolism and hospitalized. .I am now on Warfarin.A week earlier, I experienced severe chills ( rigors) and pain in my right lung.I ignored it as a " virus".As it turns out, I was actually having a pulmonary embolism .If anyone h ...
More reviews for: Tysabri, Pulmonary embolism
- A study of side effects of Norvasc for a patient with HTN. The patient has Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)
Comments: I have been hospitalized with bilateral PE. I did have a flu shot this year and shortly after had SOB. I have a suspicion of Myathenia Gravis confirmed by physical exam of a doctor but don't know lab results yet. Could the MG be causing the PEs...I've never had DVT but did have high platlet count in ...
- A study of side effects of Tysabri for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse.
Comments: I have been on Tysabri continuously for five years. I also tested positive for the JC Virus. My doctor changed my dosing schedule to every six weeks. May was the first month of the new schedule and within two days from the skipped four week dosing, widespread joint pain started and has persisted sin ...
- A study of side effects of Tegretol for a patient with Bipolar 1. The patient has Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)
I would like to know whether you have researchs that show the influence of adverse effects of TEGRETOL on the population that have hypercogulation in their blood (factor 5 leiden)? I am interested in diseases :DVT&PE (DEEP VEINS THROMBOSIS & PULMONARY EMBOLISM).
Thank you.I apprec ...
- A study of side effects of Testosterone Cypionate for a patient with Hypogonadism. The patient has Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)
Comments: Have been administered testosterone cypionate IM for over twenty years, after being diagnosed with severe osteoporosis, and then determining that testosterone blood level was substantially below the bottom of the "normal" range. Blood level has been checked periodically to assure in "normal" range, ...
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Depression. The patient has Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung), Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min), Infarction (obstruction of the blood supply to an organ or region of tissue), Necrosis Of Artery (death of artery)
Comments: I was in wellbutron for over a year a low dose. I worked hard and supervised for 6 months to prepare for gastrointestinal bypass. Everything went as planed until 6 days later I woke up in the worst pain I have ever felt. It was pulmonary embolisms. One in each quadrant of my right lung. I am still r ...
More related studies for: Tysabri, Pulmonary embolism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.