Review: could Tysabri cause Tooth infection (Tooth abscess)?
Summary: Tooth infection is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 97,540 people who have side effects while taking Tysabri from FDA and social media. Among them, 274 have Tooth infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Tooth infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tysabri and have Tooth infection >>>
Tysabri has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Tysabri 97,681 users)
Tooth infection (pus formation in tooth) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, metastases to bone, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Tooth infection 10,778 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 97,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri. Among them, 274 people (0.28%) have Tooth Infection.
Time on Tysabri when people have Tooth infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tooth infection||5.63%||18.31%||21.13%||26.76%||25.35%||2.82%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tooth infection when taking Tysabri * :
|Tooth infection||85.49%||14.51% |
Age of people who have Tooth infection when taking Tysabri * :
|Tooth infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.18%||15.65%||35.03%||31.63%||8.50% |
Severity of Tooth infection when taking Tysabri ** :
How people recovered from Tooth infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (274 people, 100.00%)
- Crohn's disease (7 people, 2.55%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 1.46%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 0.73%)
- Balance disorder (1 people, 0.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (52 people, 18.98%)
- Benadryl (7 people, 2.55%)
- Albuterol (3 people, 1.09%)
- Fluticasone propionate (2 people, 0.73%)
- Multi-vitamin (2 people, 0.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tooth Infection while taking Tysabri?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Tysabri and have Tooth Infection
- support group for people who take Tysabri
- support group for people who have Tooth Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tysabri, Tooth infection
More reviews for: Tysabri, Tooth infection
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I stopped drugs and my severe pain in tooth started to heal gradually though not completly.i was taking it from past 15 days and my tooth pain was so severe that I was suggested to have 4 root canals.i didn't find it wise idea and stopped these vitamin tablets.still I am not completly cured.seeking ...
- I have been on Tysabri continuously for five years. I also tested positive for the JC Virus. My doctor changed my dosing schedule to every six weeks. May was the first month of the new schedule and within two days from the skipped four week dosing, widespread joint pain started and has persisted sin ...
- I've had two infusions, after the first one I had a bad headache that was treatable. After the second infusion my body started to ache within hours, about 10 days later I was in bed being told I have the flu. Five days later I am still hurting with the tiredness being intermitten. Spoke to my Neurol ...
- I recently went to have Right knee replacement surgery and did not recover well from the anesthesia. I had severe difficulty breathing and low urine output as well as induced CHF from IV fluid challenge to attempt to raise BP. Some of the meds that are specifically administered on a very strict sche ...
- I've been on Humira for 6 weeks now and just developed an abcess in an old root canal that I had when I was 12. I am now 46 years old. The abcess is so deep in the root canal that I will have to have oral surgery to relieve it. I am now on antibiotics and have put the humira on hold.
More related studies for: Tysabri, Tooth infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.