Review: could Uloric cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Uloric, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Gout.
We study 672 people who have side effects while taking Uloric from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Uloric and have Death >>>
Uloric has active ingredients of febuxostat. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Uloric 727 users)
Death (latest reports from Death 183,730 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 672 people reported to have side effects when taking Uloric. Among them, 25 people (3.72%) have Death.
Time on Uloric when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Uloric * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Uloric * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gout (11 people, 44.00%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (3 people, 12.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 8.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 8.00%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (7 people, 28.00%)
- Revlimid (6 people, 24.00%)
- Lantus (5 people, 20.00%)
- Vitamin d (4 people, 16.00%)
- Procrit (3 people, 12.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Uloric?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Uloric and have Death
- support group for people who take Uloric
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Causes of extreme fatigue and fainting when stressed and chronic panic/anxiety and insomnia (1 answer)
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Death Of Child, Depression - Major, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Anxiety Disorder, GERD, and takes Clonazepam, Protonix)
since daughters death 6 years ago I have been extremely fatigued, no energy for anything, dizziness chronic and have fainted about 7 times in the past 18 months, severe panic when leaving my home to the point of choking and vomiting, also wake up with flashbacks to my childs death nightly. Have bee ...
- Have you heard of people taking large amounts of imodium to get "opiod" feeling and death due to amount taken? (3 answers)
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Death Of Child, and takes Imodium)
My 21 year old son passed away unexpectedly due to large amount of Imodium taken. As I have found out he had been taking this OTC medication to get the same feeling as pain medication(opioids). This medication showed up in his toxicology report. Can anyone help me understand how this could cause dea ...
- I have a swelling of the face while taking uloric is this a side effect that will go away or should i stop taking this drug
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Uloric, Gout, and takes Uloric)
More questions for: Uloric, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old man who has Death, and takes Oxymorphone Hydrochloride)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
More reviews for: Uloric, Death
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
- A study of side effects of Seasonique for a patient with No Periods. The patient has Death
Comments: she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of side effects of Uloric for a patient with Gout - Chronic. The patient has Interstitial Pneumonia (lung disease characterized by progressive scarring of both lungs)
Comments: recovered with pneuomitis as cause .I started Uloric my lungs was clear less than a year later started having symptons diagnosed with pneumonia took ct and xray diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis with rapid heartbeat. did not have anything wrong with lungs till I took Uloric.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Death Of Sibling
Comments: My brother had MRSA and the nursing home was giving him Prednisone for Asthma. I know that Prednisone lowers the bodies amune system and what have allowed the MRSA to flourish. Is this true because when i told the staff of what i have discovered about this one medication they had been giving him for ...
More related studies for: Uloric, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.