Unisom and Blood pressure increased - from FDA reports
Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Unisom, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Coumadin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter . We study 1,032 people who have side effects while taking Unisom from FDA. Among them, 16 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Unisom 1,392 users)
Blood Pressure Increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 493,428 Blood pressure increased patients).
On Feb, 21, 2017
1,032 people reported to have side effects when taking Unisom.
Among them, 16 people (1.55%) have Blood Pressure Increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Blood Pressure Increased when taking Unisom *:
- female: 86.67 %
- male: 13.33 %
Age of people who have Blood Pressure Increased when taking Unisom *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 18.18 %
- 20-29: 9.09 %
- 30-39: 9.09 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 45.45 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 12.50%)
- Partial Seizures (1 person, 6.25%)
- Labor Induction (1 person, 6.25%)
- Intentional Overdose (1 person, 6.25%)
- Factor V Leiden Mutation (1 person, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol (2 people, 12.50%)
- Tikosyn (2 people, 12.50%)
- Protonix (2 people, 12.50%)
- Diovan (2 people, 12.50%)
- Coumadin (2 people, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Heart Rate Increased (4 people, 25.00%)
- Drug Ineffective (3 people, 18.75%)
- Dizziness (3 people, 18.75%)
- Breathing Difficulty (3 people, 18.75%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (3 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood pressure increased when taking Unisom?
- Check symptoms - is blood pressure increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Unisoma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blood pressure increasedBlood pressure increased
Could your condition cause Blood pressure increasedBlood pressure increased
Can you answer these questions?
Presented with 70% total paralysis. Potassium was 1.7. Muscle enzymes were over 4000. Daily meds before symptoms presented-celexa, ambien, OxyContin, unisom. Consumed 12-15 cans of Coca Cola per day. I have stopped all cokes. What is my prognosis according to other patients with similar symptoms ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I've had Zpacks in the past, no problem. But this time on day 2 - 3 my BP shot up 174/111 and stayed high averaging 163/104 until day four. When it first shot up I started taking magnesium, potassium, cranberry juice and doubled my HCTZ to 50 mg. As those had always reversed more minor BP ...
Just joined the group hoping to network and learn new thing here.... I live in las vegas,NV And am looking for a Naturopathic / or Holistic Endocrinologist, Cardiologist Doctor that can help me... Thank you
Hi. My nephrologist put me back on heparin after having a hematoma while on it in the hospital. Since put back on heparin for dialysis my bp uncontrollably skyrocketed. Nobody seems to want to make the connection. All info I find suggests it lowers bp. Yes maybe in "healthy " individuals. It's a ...