Unisom and Blood pressure increased - from FDA reports
Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Unisom, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Coumadin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Blood pressure increased with Unisom. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,135 people who have side effects when taking Unisom from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 30, 2017
1,135 people reported to have side effects when taking Unisom.
Among them, 16 people (1.41%) have Blood Pressure Increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Blood Pressure Increased when taking Unisom *:
- female: 86.67 %
- male: 13.33 %
Age of people who have Blood Pressure Increased when taking Unisom *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 18.18 %
- 20-29: 9.09 %
- 30-39: 9.09 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 45.45 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 12.50%)
- Partial Seizures (1 person, 6.25%)
- Labor Induction (1 person, 6.25%)
- Intentional Overdose (1 person, 6.25%)
- Factor V Leiden Mutation (1 person, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol (2 people, 12.50%)
- Tikosyn (2 people, 12.50%)
- Protonix (2 people, 12.50%)
- Diovan (2 people, 12.50%)
- Coumadin (2 people, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Heart Rate Increased (4 people, 25.00%)
- Drug Ineffective (3 people, 18.75%)
- Dizziness (3 people, 18.75%)
- Breathing Difficulty (3 people, 18.75%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (3 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood pressure increased when taking Unisom?
- Check symptoms - is blood pressure increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Unisom 1,501 users)
Blood Pressure Increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 524,721 Blood pressure increased patients).
Browse all side effects of Unisoma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blood pressure increasedBlood pressure increased
Could your condition cause Blood pressure increasedBlood pressure increased
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Presented with 70% total paralysis. Potassium was 1.7. Muscle enzymes were over 4000. Daily meds before symptoms presented-celexa, ambien, OxyContin, unisom. Consumed 12-15 cans of Coca Cola per day. I have stopped all cokes. What is my prognosis according to other patients with similar symptoms ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been on Eliquis for a week and a half and my blood pressure has gone from 110/70 to 140/80. I was put on Eliquis because I have had AFib twice in 6 years. I always know when I go into AFib and wonder if anyone else has this problem since taking eliquis.
I have had a pacemaker for two years and at my recent check I am running at 75% usage (up from 19% six months ago). Because i feel fatigue and gaining weight my Dr ordered a Echo gram and suggests I may need a third wire. I take a generic Unisom for sleep and wonder if this causing a problem?
I am 63 yo female with Sjogrens that I believe started after I had Shingles 3.5 yrs ago. I now have severe fatigue, joint pain and fluctuating blood pressure. It is often high so I'm on meds, but it also now goes too low. Before Shingles, I had lots of energy, and endurance, now I get worn ...