Review: could Unisom cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Unisom, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 897 people who have side effects while taking Unisom from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Unisom and have Death >>>
Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Unisom 1,158 users)
Death (latest reports from Death 183,730 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 896 people reported to have side effects when taking Unisom. Among them, 7 people (0.78%) have Death.
Time on Unisom when people have Death * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Unisom * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 14.29%)
- Psoriasis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 14.29%)
- Suicide attempt (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Revlimid (3 people, 42.86%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 28.57%)
- Spiriva (2 people, 28.57%)
- Caltrate with d (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Unisom?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Unisom and have Death
- support group for people who take Unisom
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone suffered from muscle spasms/convulsions with increased blood pressure and anxiety when stopping use of melatonin?
Was using only 10 mg. daily of Inderal plus 1 mg. synthetic Melatonin 5 nights a week. Stopped the Melatonin in August and have had high blood pressure ever since, with my doc putting me on the other meds listed. Does Doxylamine worsen BP problems? Most importantly, has anyone experienced nighttime convulsions and high Blood Pressure after discontinuing Melatonin?
- I took too much nyquil and my heart rate has raised. how long does this last? (2 answers)
My boyfriend of two years and I broke up. I freak out took quite a bit of nyquil to sleep and also one Unison sleeping pill. This was around six PM. I also hadn't slept AT ALL the night before. Then at ten pm he shows up with friends and family to help him move his stuff out. I freaked out even worse. Crying and having panic attacks and not being able to breathe well. I was up until around 1 am not being able to sleep because of the anxiety and my raised heart rate. I took a very low dose Xanex and finally fell asleep around two am. It's now early morning and my heart rate continues to give me anxiety. I can't sleep, my mind is foggy and I have terrible anxiety. What do i do to help myself? Please help.
- Causes of extreme fatigue and fainting when stressed and chronic panic/anxiety and insomnia (1 answer)
since daughters death 6 years ago I have been extremely fatigued, no energy for anything, dizziness chronic and have fainted about 7 times in the past 18 months, severe panic when leaving my home to the point of choking and vomiting, also wake up with flashbacks to my childs death nightly. Have been on antidepressants for 5 years stopped them about a year ago but no improvement. Nothing works can not locate a Dr to assist. whats wrong with me?
- Have you heard of people taking large amounts of imodium to get "opiod" feeling and death due to amount taken? (3 answers)
My 21 year old son passed away unexpectedly due to large amount of Imodium taken. As I have found out he had been taking this OTC medication to get the same feeling as pain medication(opioids). This medication showed up in his toxicology report. Can anyone help me understand how this could cause death? Should this medication be OTC? Is this something his generation is doing? His death was accidental. Has there been other young adults that have taken this medication to get a buzz? He did have Restoril also in report--which was within normal value. He did not do any other drugs. Please help me understand this dangerous drug that is available OTC for our young children/adults.
- Can using doxylamine succinate casue gerd?
I have been taking Doxylamine succinate for about 6 months. I have started having GERD symptoms and my doctor put me on Prilosec which doesn't seem to be helping much. Could the sleep aid be causing the problem? The symptoms of GERD didn't start until about a month ago.
More questions for: Unisom, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so sleepy. Maddening. Do not understand at all.
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity (1 response)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribed both Adderrall and Opana by the same doctor, and had been taking both successfully and as directed for some time. Autopsy indicated he was otherwise healthy.
I've lost my husband to this toxic combination. He went to bed; I awoke to life without my best friend. Please be aware of potentially fatal prescription combinations. Discuss these with your Dr. or pharmacist. Do the research, watch for side effects, voice your concerns - it could save a life.
More reviews for: Unisom, Death
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Doxylamine succinate makes me very lethargic the next day. It makes it even harder to get out of bed in the morning than when I slept poorly, even if i got sufficient sleep. If I take 2 (which is a higher but still safe dose for the tablets I use) it takes a lot to even get up off the couch. It make ...
- she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- My brother had MRSA and the nursing home was giving him Prednisone for Asthma. I know that Prednisone lowers the bodies amune system and what have allowed the MRSA to flourish. Is this true because when i told the staff of what i have discovered about this one medication they had been giving him for ...
- My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
More related studies for: Unisom, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.