Review: could Unisom cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Unisom, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Preventive health care.
We study 901 people who have side effects while taking Unisom from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Unisom and have Death >>>
Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 1,162 Unisom users)
Death has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma, dialysis, diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 183,872 Death patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 901 people reported to have side effects when taking Unisom. Among them, 7 people (0.78%) have Death.
Time on Unisom when people have Death * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Unisom * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 14.29%)
- Psoriasis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 14.29%)
- Suicide attempt (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Revlimid (3 people, 42.86%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 28.57%)
- Spiriva (2 people, 28.57%)
- Caltrate with d (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of unisom and death on
Do you have Death while taking Unisom?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Unisom and have Death
- support group for people who take Unisom
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 60-year old man with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia (condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Doxylamine Succinate, Zoloft for a 49-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 53-year old man with None, Blood Triglycerides, Acid Reflux, Major Depression. The patient has Death
- A study of side effects of Zofran for a 28-year old woman with Nausea. The patient has Postpartum Haemorrhage (bleeding in woman after she has given birth), Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (deterioration in cardiac function presenting typically between the last month of pregnancy and up to five months postpartum), Death Of Parent, Placental Abruption (placenta separates from the wall of the uterus prior to the birth of the baby)
Recent Unisom related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.