Unisom and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Unisom, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Aspirin, and have Abscess. This review analyzes which people have Death with Unisom. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,165 people who have side effects when taking Unisom from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
1,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Unisom.
Among them, 9 people (0.77%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Death when taking Unisom *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Unisom *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 14.29 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 28.57 %
- 60+: 42.86 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Tobacco Withdrawal Symptoms (1 person, 11.11%)
- Suicide Attempt (1 person, 11.11%)
- Psoriasis (1 person, 11.11%)
- Agitation (1 person, 11.11%)
- Abscess (1 person, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (3 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 33.33%)
- Spiriva (2 people, 22.22%)
- Prilosec (2 people, 22.22%)
- Mucinex (2 people, 22.22%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Spinal Fracture (2 people, 22.22%)
- Respiratory Acidosis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Rashes (2 people, 22.22%)
- Fall (2 people, 22.22%)
- Pulse Pressure Decreased (1 person, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death when taking Unisom?
Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Unisom 1,506 users)
Death has been reported by people with high blood pressure, malignant respiratory tract neoplasm, multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndrome, primary pulmonary hypertension (latest reports from 369,929 Death patients).