Review: could Unisom cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Unisom, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Suicide attempt.
We study 902 people who have side effects while taking Unisom from FDA and social media. Among them, 49 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Unisom and have Suicide attempt >>>
Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 1,163 Unisom users)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 32,157 Suicide attempt patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 901 people reported to have side effects when taking Unisom. Among them, 49 people (5.44%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Unisom when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||93.33%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Unisom * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||27.78%||22.22%||11.11%||22.22%||8.33% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Unisom ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Suicide attempt (16 people, 32.65%)
- Depression (3 people, 6.12%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 2.04%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 2.04%)
- Poisoning deliberate (1 people, 2.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (7 people, 14.29%)
- Prozac (6 people, 12.24%)
- Remeron (6 people, 12.24%)
- Benadryl (5 people, 10.20%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 10.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of unisom and suicide attempt on
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Unisom?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Unisom and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Unisom
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Advil Pm, Unisom, Adderall 20 for a 46-year old man with Insomnia, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity. The patient has Anal Fissure
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 60-year old man with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Doxylamine Succinate, Zoloft for a 49-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Doxylamine Succinate for a 56-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Dizziness Aggravated
Recent Unisom related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.