Home > Unisom > Suicide attempt > Unisom and Suicide attempt
Review: could Unisom cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Unisom, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Suicide attempt.
We study 896 people who have side effects while taking Unisom from FDA and social media. Among them, 49 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Unisom and have Suicide attempt >>>
Unisom (latest outcomes from 1,157 users) has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia.
Suicide attempt (latest reports from 32,124 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 894 people reported to have side effects when taking Unisom. Among them, 49 people (5.48%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Unisom when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||93.33%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Unisom * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||27.78%||22.22%||11.11%||22.22%||8.33% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Unisom ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Suicide attempt (16 people, 32.65%)
- Depression (3 people, 6.12%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 2.04%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 2.04%)
- Poisoning deliberate (1 people, 2.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (7 people, 14.29%)
- Prozac (6 people, 12.24%)
- Remeron (6 people, 12.24%)
- Benadryl (5 people, 10.20%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 10.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Unisom?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Unisom and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Unisom
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone suffered from muscle spasms/convulsions with increased blood pressure and anxiety when stopping use of melatonin?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Panic Disorder, and takes Melatonin, Inderal, Klonopin, Clonidine, Benicar, Doxylamine Succinate)
Was using only 10 mg. daily of Inderal plus 1 mg. synthetic Melatonin 5 nights a week. Stopped the Melatonin in August and have had high blood pressure ever since, with my doc putting me on the other meds listed. Does Doxylamine worsen BP problems? Most importantly, has anyone experienced nightti ...
- I took too much nyquil and my heart rate has raised. how long does this last? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Depressed Mood, Anxiety And Stress, and takes NyQuil, Unisom)
My boyfriend of two years and I broke up. I freak out took quite a bit of nyquil to sleep and also one Unison sleeping pill. This was around six PM. I also hadn't slept AT ALL the night before. Then at ten pm he shows up with friends and family to help him move his stuff out. I freaked out even wors ...
- Can using doxylamine succinate casue gerd?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia, Heartburn - Chronic, and takes Prilosec Otc, Doxylamine Succinate)
I have been taking Doxylamine succinate for about 6 months. I have started having GERD symptoms and my doctor put me on Prilosec which doesn't seem to be helping much. Could the sleep aid be causing the problem? The symptoms of GERD didn't start until about a month ago.
More questions for: Unisom, Suicide attempt
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Suicide Attempt, and takes Bupropion Hydrochloride)
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and t ...
More reviews for: Unisom, Suicide attempt
- A study of side effects of Doxylamine Succinate for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has
Comments: Doxylamine succinate makes me very lethargic the next day. It makes it even harder to get out of bed in the morning than when I slept poorly, even if i got sufficient sleep. If I take 2 (which is a higher but still safe dose for the tablets I use) it takes a lot to even get up off the couch. It make ...
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Nerve Pain. The patient has Suicide Attempt, Depression Aggravated, Ankle Swelling, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Discolouration (change of skin colour)
Comments: Was prescribed gabapentin 7 yr ago for left fibula fracture and foot dislocation. Severe foot nerve pain.both ankles have been swelling for years.was told by Dr's it was chronic edema from injury. But never explained why in both ankles? ? In last month my feet and calves have became severely red lik ...
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Suicide Attempt
Comments: I'm highly educated and very successful, and I was never suicidal until.....Two weeks after being prescribed Prozac for insomnia I felt worthless and hopeless. The urge to commit suicide was as strong as breathing; I shot myself in the chest. Never did my doctor or pharmacist mention suicide as a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, 5 HTP, Passionflower, Valerian, GABA, Unisom, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Muscle Pain, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
Comments: Diagnosed with clinical depression for the last 3 years, finally see positive results but having side effects. Not taking antidepressant for 2 years the fibromyalgia pain and symptoms gone. Symptoms have returned in the last two weeks from pain, sleepless night. Two to four hours of sleep. Const ...
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Delusional Disorder, Paranoid Type (a type of serious mental illness involving psychosis), Suicide Attempt
Comments: Hello, I'm desperately searching the web for information of the adverse effects of max dosing of Cymbalta. To make a very complex long story as short as possible, I will try to give you some basic happenings in hopes of some (any) direction you may be able to provide.
My son who is 23 tried to t ...
More related studies for: Unisom, Suicide attempt
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Abilify and Total Hip Replacement
- Kidney Transplant
- Muscular Weakness and Treanda
- Vitamin B17
- Garlic and Prednisone
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (2 hours ago)
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I hav ... (3 hours ago)
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before b ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyurea for a 36-year old woman who has Brain Mass (10 minutes ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide, Prednisolone Acetate, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Lipitor, Synthroid, Temazepam, Xanax, Viibryd, Remeron, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel Xr for a 61-year old woman who has Chronic Eye Inflammation, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypothroid, Sleep, Anxiety, Depression, Depression (23 minutes ago)
- Oxcarbazepine, Alprazolam for a 38-year old woman who has Depression, Insomnia (1 hour ago)