Review: could Ursodiol cause Blood bilirubin increased?
Summary: Blood bilirubin increased is found among people who take Ursodiol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acyclovir, and have Preventive health care.
We study 3,367 people who have side effects while taking Ursodiol from FDA and social media. Among them, 109 have Blood bilirubin increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood bilirubin increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ursodiol and have Blood bilirubin increased >>>
Ursodiol has active ingredients of ursodiol. It is often used in biliary cirrhosis primary. (latest outcomes from 3,438 Ursodiol users)
Blood bilirubin increased
Blood bilirubin increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, pulmonary hypertension, acute myeloid leukaemia, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,701 Blood bilirubin increased patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 3,367 people reported to have side effects when taking Ursodiol. Among them, 109 people (3.24%) have Blood Bilirubin Increased.
Time on Ursodiol when people have Blood bilirubin increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood bilirubin increased||64.29%||28.57%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood bilirubin increased when taking Ursodiol * :
|Blood bilirubin increased||40.71%||59.29% |
Age of people who have Blood bilirubin increased when taking Ursodiol * :
|Blood bilirubin increased||0.00%||1.03%||3.09%||7.22%||6.19%||15.46%||25.77%||41.24% |
Severity of Blood bilirubin increased when taking Ursodiol ** :
How people recovered from Blood bilirubin increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (14 people, 12.84%)
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (9 people, 8.26%)
- Nausea (7 people, 6.42%)
- Hepatitis c (7 people, 6.42%)
- Asthenia (6 people, 5.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acyclovir (19 people, 17.43%)
- Lasix (17 people, 15.60%)
- Allopurinol (13 people, 11.93%)
- Lactulose (13 people, 11.93%)
- Acetaminophen (12 people, 11.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Bilirubin Increased while taking Ursodiol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ursodiol and have Blood Bilirubin Increased
- support group for people who take Ursodiol
- support group for people who have Blood Bilirubin Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Urso Forte for a 68-year old woman with PBC. The patient has Nexium
- A study of side effects of Ursodiol for a 60-year old woman with Autoimmune Hepatitis. The patient has Cheilitis
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a 57-year old woman with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Ursodiol, Fenofibrate, Synthroid, Calcium, Noxafil, Magnesium Sulfate, Zyrtec Allergy, Warfarin Sodium, Heparin Lock Flush, Folic Acid, Spiriva, Gabapentin, Clonazepam, Amoxicillin, Bactrim, Vitamin D, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Melatonin, Valtrex, Hydrocortisone Acetate, Rapamune for a 61-year old woman with Prophylactics, Hyperlipidemia, Hypothyroidism, Osteopenia, Magnesium Deficiency, Allergy To Plants, Intracardiac Thrombus, Foley Catheter, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Copd, Neuropathy, Cervical Dystonia, Middle Insomnia, Adrenal Cortical Insufficiency, Graft Versus Host Disease. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing
- A study of side effects of Actigall for a 63-year old woman with Jaundice. The patient has Dry Mouth
Recent Ursodiol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.